Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ and California

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by highasfuck1989, Feb 24, 2013.

1. I have a medical marijuana card and it's all fully legit. I only smoked at my place of residence and always outside. Is there any reason why I should worry about getting in trouble for using medicinal cannabis in this state? I've read tons of horror stories about people getting in massive amounts of trouble so I was just curious.

2. As long as you use responsibly and be courteous to non smokers you should be ok.

3. I mean I don't smoke anywhere but my back yard. I don't see why I would get in trouble in the first place.

4. Seems like if I got a state ID card it would help a lot, but it's $66 a year.

5. Ive been wondering this myself and I think its up to the police.it seems they can always bend the rules unless the communities made an alliance with the pot smokers or something

6. I read that if you have the state ID it's almost guaranteed you won't be arrested, but if you don't have it but have a recommendation you can be arrested. The laws are so fucked up.

7. This is true the protocol for my local law enforcement is to check your doctors rec then run your CA State card (health dept) and if you check out and have the state card you keep your stash without arrest. Now if you don't have your state card the cops can make it more difficult for you.

8. But say if you don't have a state card, get arrested, you could still go to court and fight it right? A pain in the ass, but was just curious.

9. Yea my doctors card is from AAC SOCAL and they say if anything ever happend the doctor would go to court and fight for you not sure how true it is but that is what they say.

10. If anything make sure it's okay with your neighbors. While we enjoy the smell, many others are repulsed by it. I approached both of my neighbors knowing the couple next door probably wasn't too keen on the idea, but I told them I would be discreet and that they shouldn't hold back complaining if they felt the need to do so. I've had peace of mind ever since. It's not always the cops you need to worry about, it's the people out there who don't understand how harmless it is.

11. I've been smoking on the side of my house and there's no neighbors on the side across from where I'm smoking so I usually feel OK about it.