MMA fans - come in here...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dirty Andy, Oct 31, 2006.

1. I started watching this summer and I love it. It makes me want to take up jiu-jitsu or muay tai but I'm not flexible enough for either. I can't wait to see Hughes and the French guy (forgot his name) to fight. Heres a kickboxing highlight vid you might like http://www.compfused.com/directlink/442/

2. I love mma, i wrestled at Eastern Illinois for a year and thats where matt hughes graduated from. He would come back every once in a while and wrestle with us and show us all his submissions and shit it was awesome. He is seriously the baddest dude i've ever met, the guy is like crazy intense. But i love watchin ufc and mma events, my assistant coach and a couple of guys on my team are fighters, so like everyone on our team is like really into it.

3. hughes vs ortiz..gonna be a sweet fuckin fight

4. Dude, I am a huge Pride, UFC, ad all MMA FAN.

5. Dude Hughes and Ortiz are in two diff. weight classes unless this is another Otiz besides Tido. Peace

6. Ummm ortiz and hughes are in different weight classes dude. Do you mean ortiz and chuck liddell?

7. The great Montreal champion; George Saint Pierre will KO Matt Huges in their upcoming fight. :D

[​IMG]

8. I like watching royce gracie. that guys crazy.

9. He was crazy, now he is a washup. Did you see the hughes gracie fight? It was so bad I wanted to poke my eyes out with a fork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEpw2AA8xxI

10. yeah, i won money on the hughes/gracie fight...

the guys 10 years ago couldn't compete with the guys today...

what did you guys think about anderson silva beating up on rich franklin?

11. Here is another picture of GSP kicking some ass the Canadian way.

I can't wait for the fight, it's going to be brutal.

[​IMG]

12. trigg said before that fight that GSP was a B level fighter.... lmao

then told him in the ring after the fight "you're so good..."

13. Haha yeah! I saw that fight.

He knocked him around really good. TKO right?

Haha I'm just proud because there aren't nearly enough canadian fighters in the big leagues.

But GSP definatley has what it takes to win against Hughes.

14. i really hope gsp can kick the shit out of him...i don't hate hughes but he's not one of my favs...

i would like to see gsp and bj fight again if hughes loses.... and i would really love to see him beat up on diego...

diego and tim sylvia are my most hated fighters out of the ufc and i route against all the asian fighters in pride (i hope that doesn't come off as racist...)

15. I wasn't suprised that silva beat franklin but I was suprised that he beat him so quickly, it was like rich wasnt at his best when he fought, he just kept taking blows and didnt deal any out himself. Whatever though props to silva he is very good at what he does.

16. ^yeah, i've seen "rumors" online that franklin may have been sick and couldn't pull out last minute with him being the main fight on the card...

but even so, he was outclassed...

17. Oh there's no doubt in my mind he was outclassed, but still he shouldnt have went down that fast. Plus he just looked like a mess before the fight even began. It was a good fight either way, silva sure knows how to throw them knees.

18. Saint Pierre is one of my favorites. And I truely dislike Hughes, he's to cocky. Peace

19. Yea, Franklin was acting a little cocky, when he visited on The Ultimate Fighter 4(The comeback). I guess after holding the belt for a while, he got a little bigheaded, and it backfired on him. But I like Franklin allright and I also think he should've lasted a little longer in the fight against Silvia. Peace