Mjmama's Winter Hobby

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Subbed! This should be a fun one :smoke:

2. I saw your journal here in the indoor growing section, and must say that I got a bit nervous about bottles and shite - I'm so glad my fears were needless and I'm very ashamed I even thought that way - I need a bitch-slap...

*lol*

It's nice to see you Mama. ;)

J

3. #23 mjmama25, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    Ahh, that makes me so happy to hear! I always wonder if I've steered anyone in the wrong direction over the last few years while I've been learning. But I can only teach as fast as I can learn, lol. :confused: :poke::laughing:

I know anytime someone in a car asks me for directions, I realize about 5 minutes later that I've sent them totally in the wrong direction because I'm dyslexic and muck everything up, hahaha. :p So it's great to hear your grows have been going so well for you. I'm sure that's mainly due to your own hard work though. :hello:

4. #24 mjmama25, Nov 8, 2012
    LOL Jerry! I forgive you. I did use the bottles, but just while I was learning about organics. Now you couldn't pay me to go back. Even if I don't like the super soil (which I doubt), now I know enough about teas and top dressing to feel pretty comfortable transitioning into organics fully. I shouldn't even need to use the bottle of silica I have left over because I bought azomite to use in the soil, and as I understand that's a great source of silica. I'm excited to try out all these new goodies!
    |
    Does anyone have a good online source for neem meal? That's the only thing I can't find locally that I would like to add to my mix.

5. I actually didn't mean to put this in the indoor grow section. I meant for it to go into the indoor grow journals, but we all know that I'm a serious stoner, lol. :p

If any mods see this any want to move it, that would be awesome. If not, no biggie. I may message someone about it later on. Thanks mods for all that you do. :)

6. #26 BYOweed, Nov 8, 2012
    [quote name='"mjmama25"']
    LOL Jerry! I forgive you. I did use the bottles, but just while I was learning about organics. Now you couldn't pay me to go back. Even if I don't like the super soil (which I doubt), now I know enough about teas and top dressing to feel pretty comfortable transitioning into organics fully. I shouldn't even need to use the bottle of silica I have left over because I bought azomite to use in the soil, and as I understand that's a great source of silica. I'm excited to try out all these new goodies!
    |
    Does anyone have a good online source for neem meal? That's the only thing I can't find locally that I would like to add to my mix.[/quote]

http://www.everwoodfarm.biz/home/fe...-fertilizers?gclid=CNfgs9eovrMCFc1lOgod9RUALg

Hope this helps

7. Mama, for the very best organic neem products go to neemresource.com

The very best - hands down. Some of these trees are thousands of years old.

J

8. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Mama, for the very best organic neem products go to neemresource.com

The very best - hands down. Some of these trees are thousands of years old.

J[/quote]

Well now I feel silly. I just saw you in another thread recommending that website to someone for neem oil. I'm not sure why I didn't think to check there for the neem meal...duh! Thanks so much for the tip! I'll be ordering some soon.

I have one more question, is neem meal something that needs time to cook in the soil like the other ferts, or is it ready to use out of the bag? I'm assuming it should go into the mix before cooking happens. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Basically any nutritional amendment should have a reasonable amount of time to nutrient cycle, however, like with many, you can make teas and top dress with good results too.

Nutrient cycling is a very important part of the process and comes down to a healthy bacteria colony and time - the more cycling going on equals more usable and available plant food.

Nutrient cycling is a perfect reason to use rock dust (basalt or granite) in your mix, at the fairly heavy rate of 4-5 cups per cubic foot. As bacteria latches, or anchors to these ultra fine pieces of rock, the bacteria release massive amou at of assorted enzymes, which break down (cycle) organic matter into its elemental form, effectively making it into usable plant food, and at the same time the enzymes release many beneficial compounds from their bonds.

Yes - it is important to properly cycle all organic amendments - as much as is possible by utilizing quality compost and castings in your garden.

J

10. [​IMG]

11. #31 mjmama25, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    [quote name='"jerry111165"']Basically any nutritional amendment should have a reasonable amount of time to nutrient cycle, however, like with many, you can make teas and top dress with good results too.

Nutrient cycling is a very important part of the process and comes down to a healthy bacteria colony and time - the more cycling going on equals more usable and available plant food.

Nutrient cycling is a perfect reason to use rock dust (basalt or granite) in your mix, at the fairly heavy rate of 4-5 cups per cubic foot. As bacteria latches, or anchors to these ultra fine pieces of rock, the bacteria release massive amou at of assorted enzymes, which break down (cycle) organic matter into its elemental form, effectively making it into usable plant food, and at the same time the enzymes release many beneficial compounds from their bonds.

Yes - it is important to properly cycle all organic amendments - as much as is possible by utilizing quality compost and castings in your garden.

J[/quote]

Thanks Jerry. I thought so, and I appreciate the detailed explanation.

12. [quote name='"Chunk"']

[/quote]

Thanks a million chunk. You're the best!

13. I was just sitting on the back porch vaping with my neighbor. We must have been bullshitting for about 20 minutes before she said, "Why the fuck are we passing this lighter back and forth if we're vaping?"

Now that's a couple of true stoners right there. :p

14. [quote name='"mjmama25"']I was just sitting on the back porch vaping with my neighbor. We must have been bullshitting for about 20 minutes before she said, "Why the fuck are we passing this lighter back and forth if we're vaping?"

Now that's a couple of true stoners right there. :p[/quote]

Holla!!

15. #35 mjmama25, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    [quote name='"sticky banana"']

Holla!![/quote]

Who you calling a ho? :p

J/k.... How've you been sticky? I need to check out more of the indoor grows. I've been too quite lately. ;)

I think I need to find a way to raise the temps in my grow room without upping my electricity usage too much. Or maybe I should just invest in a stronger light that will put out more heat.

Last season my plants in the toolshed handled the cold just fine, but they were a little bigger before the cold weather hit. I'm not sure my seedlings are dealing with it as well. I know I would see faster growth with higher temps.

16. For those of you who don't really know me yet, this is a little of what I just harvested off my outdoor grow that's in my sig.

Organic Bubba Kush

Attached Files:

17. [quote name='"mjmama25"']For those of you who don't really know me yet, this is a little of what I just harvested off my outdoor grow that's in my sig.

Organic Bubba Kush[/quote]

How much of this BK did you harvest? Visible trichs via picture always gets to me.. :p

18. [quote name='"BYOweed"']

How much of this BK did you harvest? Visible trichs via picture always gets to me.. :p[/quote]

Just under an lb of the bubba so far, but I still have all the popcorn buds left on the plant. It may break the lb mark whenever the heck I get around to harvesting the rest of her. I should really do that when I get home today. I've been sick and busy with mommy duties so the end of my outdoor grow season has been getting lagged on a little.

19. It's supposed to be below freezing tonight and I worry about the plants in the toolshed. I put a towel over the t5, draping on either side of the seedlings to make a little tent over them. This should help hold in the heat from the lights. Wish my babies luck....

20. I found you......:hello: Hey good to see were both rocking some indoor grow journals for the winter time been such a joy sharing our grows this past summer. Got a few pics of my veg area and flower tent in my journal if you want to check it out its the link in my signature. I am embarking on my first water only soil mix for my indoor and very excited to have learned much about rock dust and their importance as always the usual suspects in the organic forums are always around informing the rest of us. :) If you want a good place for amendments and can't get them locally Mama I order from Peaceful Valley organics out of Grass Valley, CA and they always have great products. Ordered my glacial rock dust and neem seed meal a couple days ago from there should.d get it this week can't wait to mix it all in and get it cooking.