Mjmama's Winter Hobby

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Nov 5, 2012.

1. #1 mjmama25, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    Hi GC, most of you know me from around the forums. I'm mostly an outdoor grower, but I do run an indoor grow over the winter while it's not too hot. My grow room is very simple. Just a 2x5x6 ft toolshed with a t5 for lighting. The t5 is plenty to keep my plants warm over the cold months, and my plants get airflow from an open door to the grow room. No complex electrical or ducting. I like to keep things simple.

The main purpose of my indoor grow isn't to pull large yields. I'm just looking for high vigor potent plants to keep as mothers for my outdoor grows, and I'm also looking for a few good males for breeding projects. Adding a little variety to my stash jar doesn't hurt either though. :p

So far I started 6 seeds from my mixed pack I received free from peakseedssbc. Thanks peakseeds! One of the seedlings was a runt, so I pulled it already. As I mentioned earlier, I'm only looking for high vigor plants. In place of the seedling that I pulled, I am now germing a seed that I got out of a Green Crack clone that I really enjoyed growing last season. Over the winter I will be purchasing and growing more seeds, and posting lots of pics, so stay tuned.

Attached Files:

2. Glad to have caught one of your journals early on. /sits quietly in a corner and learns

3. I'm here. Puff puff pass.

Attached Files:

4. Whats Up Mj mama? I'm so burnt out from the outdoor season. I don't know how u have energy to start up again so soon. But I am here and maybe I will become motivated to start next years too. Good luck I'll be here.

5. In to watch and play

6. #6 mjmama25, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    [FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Jmosley, I'm glad to have you along for the ride. I'm no expert on indoor growing, but I am a passionate grower in general, so hopefully that will translate to success indoors too.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Hey sticky, pass that shit my way. :D thanks for finding me here at my new grow. It wouldn't be the same without you. [/FONT]

Thankfully all I've had to do so far was throw some germed seeds into starter cups and hang my light. The real effort doesn't start till they get bigger. I did just go buy most the things I need for my organic super soil mix that I'll be transplanting them into later. I'll post more about that soon.
    I tried to think of something clever to say to you but it's 7 am and my wheels aren't turning fast enough yet hahah. Sorry, lol. Thanks for subbing my grow. Hopefully I'll put on a good show for you all. :)

So far things are going well. It's pretty hard to mess up the seedling stage. :p

Attached Files:

7. Mamma
    All of your posts are useful and helpfulto all members, keep up the good work looking foward to see you do an inside,

8. Ahh, thanks stihmata!

Earlier I mentioned that I'll be using an organic super soil for this grow. I'll basically be using the subcools super soil mix, but I'm tweaking it a little to make it fit my grow style. Specifially I'll be using less of the blood and bone meals, and adding some kelp and alfalfa to the list. Right now my seedlings are in a basic potting soil (Masters Pride pro organic potting soil) and that will also be the base for my super soil.

This is the basic recipe I'll be following. I also included a scaled down version of this recipe if anyone else wants to use it for smaller batches.

25-50 pounds of Organic Worm castings
    4 lb. Steamed Bone meal
    5 lb. Bloom bat Guano
    4 lb. Blood meal
    3 lb. Rock Phoshate
    1 lb kelp
    1 lb alfalfa
    ¾ cup Epson salts
    ½ to 1 Cup cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
    ½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)
    2- TBS Powdered Humic Acid

1 large bag high-quality organic potting soil (your base soil)
    5 lbs organic worm castings
    1/2 lb steamed bone meal
    1/2 blood meal
    5/8s lbs (or 10 ounces) high p bat guano
    3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
    3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
    1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
    1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
    3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid
    1 cup kelp
    1 cup alfala

9. I would also add cottonseed meal to that list, it is 6-2-1 nutrients and last for about 6-8 weeks. I always add a top dress of that at first sign of flower as it lasts for about two months and runs out of N right when I want to flush. Also a tip for the outdoor growers out there, leave out blood meal and replace with cottonseed meal and alfalfa meal, reason being critters will dig up your plants looking for the blood, they don't get nearly as excited over ground up seeds and hay :) good luck.

10. Thanks for the tip goldhill! :wave: I'll pick up some cotton seed meal soon when I go back to the store for more guano. I'm not too worried about critters because it's a backyard grow, but I kind of like the idea of meals better than blood anyway, lol. I've already bought most of the ingredients for this mix I mentioned, but I may move to veganics next season. No animal products at all, just castings, compost, meals, and minerals. But first I have to give the subcool recipe a try.

11. [quote name='"budnewb"']subbed :)[/quote]

Right on. I'm meeting new friends left and right here in the indoor forums. :D

12. hehe

heres a pic of one of the seeds i germmed. i got it from a GDP nug. won't know the sex til after i flower a clone.

Attached Files:

13. Good luck Lets hope for all Girls LOL

14. Might think about leaving out the cottonseed meal. From what I hear it is one of the most heavily sprayed crops in the country (insecticide).

15. I would be sourcing organic cotton seed meal if I decide to use it. I only use organic products, but I didn't know that it was such a heavily sprayed crop. :(Thanks for the info. I'll be extra careful if/when I do get some.

16. you gave me some great advice when I started out 6 months ago, and now I have a flourishing garden and some great harvest jarred... definitely in for the grow!

17. Hey mama!:wave:

I'm interested in seeing how the t5 grow goes for ya... I'll pull up my chair and pass my pipe around. I'm subbed up fo sho!:smoke:

18. Hey Ironhead Glad to see ya too

19. [quote name='"Stihmata"']Hey Ironhead Glad to see ya too[/quote]

Hey you too bud! :wave:

Got lots of nice folks in here already mama! :D