Mjmama's Garden of Weeden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Id make a aact and water it in to the bed will help jump start the cycling.

2. It's raining here too. But I put my plants out in rain. They need to be smacked around a little it's good for them, makes em stronger. That and windy days are my secrets to fatty stocks.

3. Already did one just the other day. Great minds think alike eh? :D

I was thinking about adding an extra bag of worm castings to each bed as well. $8.99 a bag for some nice fresh castings made by a friend of mine. Well his worms made it, but you get the idea. :p

I figure with the 2 months left before planting season, plus the time it will take my roots to grow out past the holes of super soil and into the surrounding soil in the beds, I should be fine. In 3 months this soil will be rich and lush as can be.

4. Oh yeah quality humus is gonna relly help break everything down. I gotta get on reammending my soil in the yard and pick up some alfalfa hay and goat poo for the bottoms of my pots.

5. I will go ahead and add the rest of the bag of castings to the bed with all the dry leaves in it so it can start doing its thing. Then soon I'll grab a few more bags for the rest of my soil.

I do have a good amount of nicely broken down compost in there from last years compost heap, but a bag of worm castings will only make it better. I'm going for the best of the best this season. :D

6. Your gonna have killer soil this year always good to havs organic matter in different stages of decay.

7. Bring your truck and a pitch fork next time, I got 4 pigmy goats over yonder and need to clean there pin so anything you want some shit.. Literally, let me know.

8. I'll keep that in mind. Is that what you use? You sure had some nice frosty hard nugs. I'm really anxious to see if there is any difference in flavor between the couple of soil mixes I'll be using.

9. You sure know what a lady likes to hear. ;) :p

I just added the castings and wet everything down. Even though it's raining today, it's not really enough to do anything. We are BBQing and working in the yard with a light drizzle on and off. It's been a wonderful day. Friends over. Kids playing. Work getting done. I love days like this. It's like christmas or thanksgiving for me. Great vibes.

10. #70 mjmama25, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    image-467207272.jpg
    This is my Blackwater from Cali Connections. It's still not sexed yet.

image-88421177.jpg
    And this is my Detroit Badass. She's finally finding her stride.

image-981934628.jpg

And last but not least, this little lady is my Deadhead OG from Cali Connections. She started out a runt because I knocked her pot over, but she's really starting to purdy up lately. The sun during the day is doing them well. :D

Those are most of my seed plants I have vegging. The rest are clones.

Attached Files:

11. Hmmmm I'm running dead head too I have 6 clones from the clinic. I just put 4 into flower today .! Have you had experience with her in the past?

12. Nope, this is my first time with her. My Purple Diesel and Sour Diesel are my only repeats I think. And the Sour Kush will be a repeat if I grow it again. I've done headband a few times.

13. Plants look great mama and damn dude if I dont find any nearby I will def keep that in mind. Thanks bro.:wave:

14. #74 mjmama25, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks. I just took some clones. 4 Girl Scout Cookies, 2 Purple Diesel, and 2 Sour Diesel. My plan is to set up my frame with lights so I can move my vegging plants outdoors. The I'll flower the clones indoors. Unless any GC growers need them. ;)

image-1594015451.jpg

Cloning Gel, scissors, and water

image-1788379997.jpg

Dome

Attached Files:

15. Haha that water is in a cup i used to have as a kid, got it from McD's I think ;) funny. Everything looks awesome. I like the double layer light set up! I always am a chicken to put anything on my lights but I see people do it often. Guess I can try utilizing my space better and try to stack stuff ;)

16. Even if the water leaked from my dome, it would just run off the lights anyway. There isn't anywhere for it to leak in from the top, so I feel pretty safe about it. And the dome set up is super light weight. You should try it. The t5 is like a warming mat for my clones. :)

LOL I have a massive collection of those Garfield cups. You are't the first person to recognize those. My uncle and his friends buy them for me from yard sales all the time. They're indestructible and really handy to have around.

17. Wow this thread is moving quickly. I can't wait to see what you pull off this year, good luck on the 5 lb per plant goal!

18. I just took 4 purple dream cuts . I am gonna be taking a lot more . Check out my momma thread you can see what strains I have .! I'm always down to trade clones .

19. Speaking of just smoked some Purple Dream. Goodstuff man kudos:wave:

20. I'd be totally down to trade for one of your Chem or OG cuts. Whatever is a more vigorous grower.