Mjmama's Garden of Weeden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Mar 1, 2013.

1. I wouldnt say one ammendment by itself will make denser nugs(genetics being the most important factor to density) its more about intensity of light and time of direct sun plus balanced organic nutritionfrom start tofinish. if any one ammendment supposedly hardens nugs its kelp meal. The infamous gravity flower hardener everyone used a couple years ago before being taken off the market had kelp as its main ingredient. Best to just get a big sack of kelp, alfalfa, and neem you can grow solely on those ammendments with no added animal products and your bud can be truthfully labeled as veganic if you want to be shooting for that market.

2. I so wish I could do outdoor. Just not the best idea where I live.
    I let my soil sit 2 months usually. Just like you said, better safe then sorry

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

3. just now read this I should go bother the people at the nursery.. they are really cool awesome flowers and plants and vegetables.. if u ever up this way hit Wyntor Gardens Nursery when I go in there i feel very chill with all that plant life around me I want to own something like that one day an awesome nursery with all types of vegtationn.. lol I'm baked sorry..

4. You know, that I know, that they said, what I know, and what you know, is what I've already said, so in our all knowing, let us move on....

Sorry I just woke up from a nap and am feeling silly. I know full well that sun and genetics is the main factor in density. For anyone who isn't familiar with my plot, I don't get nearly asana hours per day as I would like. I'm just hoping that using a more solid soil mix this season will help with density to some degree. And I've heard from several other growers that none meal specifically is good for this. I don't really believe this 100% but it's worth trying. Knowing me I will end up topdressing the blood and bone meal plants with kelp and alfalfa anyway.

5. I've never tried that before. Let me know how it goes for you. I'll be watching anyway. ;)

6. I wish we could all do outdoor. It's good for the soul.

7. That would be really cool. I think all the masters nursery suppliers are good places. I love the one here too. Pretty much like you described. They have all the plants and veggies, plus tons of nick knacks, stuff to decorate the garden, etc and free popcorn. My kids love that part. They never complain when mommy needs to go look for gardening supplies. As long as they get popcorn and flowers or seeds they are happy as can be.

8. I know you believe you think you understood what you think I said butIm not sure you reLize that what you heard is not wht I really meant. :D im being sillytoo:p. Pretty sure only reason bone would provide for better flowers is its phosphorus content. Its still in my mix ;) plus i still have quite a bit of blood from last year im gonna throwin. Im no vegetarian.

9. #49 mjmama25, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    Right on. I think this could easily be a case of stoner science. Bones are hard so the buds with bone meal will be hard??? LOL. Sounds stoner sciencey to me. ;)

10. Here's a quick YouTube vid of the girls. Everything is doing great. I'm really pleased with how 2013 is shaping up so far. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advise and genetics over the past couple season. I feel like this is going to be a wonderful year. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnjRRI8lt1w[/ame]

11. Hey green acres nursery in Folsom is having a great sale on veggies right now till tomorrow I went and got a bunch of heirloom tomato breeds I didn't have.... 1.50$ per 4" pot on all veggies!!!! For plants already started its unbeatable !!

12. Hey mjmamma25 Could you tell me anything about whether blueberry headband is a good strain to grow. I live in norcal also. I like 707 headband and blue dream so it seems good for me.

13. Fuck yeah it is got the cut gold and mama are getting coming to me as well gold gave me some bbhb he grew last year its great gonna smoke some now

14. Good to hear, I will be growing three BBHB plants this year. I have always liked Kush and blueberry.

15. Yeah you wont be dissapointed man. Great yielder and very hardy outside.

16. I haven't grown it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Out of what my friend Gold Hill grew last season here in NorCal, the blueberry headband is the crowd favorite. I think you will be happy with her. I wouldn't be growing it this season if I didn't have high hopes for the strain.

17. I'm subbed for sure! Can't wait to start my plants. I've got my blue dream started but my SourD is still in the cloner... Sooooon sooooo excited to grow with you this year girl ;)

18. Sweet! Another lady grower on board! I know we will be having a blast this season.

19. It's raining here in NorCal today so I have the plants put away.

image-2722974087.jpg

But a little rain won't stop me from working towards my goal. I've been out turning the soil in my raised beds, making sure the native soil, compost, bagged soil, manure, and hay are all mixed evenly. Then later I will add 2 cubic feet of super soil to a hole in each raised bed. And another 2 cubic ft of regular masters pride organic potting soil on top. I will also be mulching with Bumper Crop. Should be a great season!

image-1628354363.jpg
    This raised bed is finished and ready to go.

image-1491142023.jpg
    I still have some work to do on this one. It has a lot of leaves that still aren't fully broken down. Luckily I still have several weeks for the microbes and worms in my soil to brake all that down.

Attached Files: