Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MJ vs Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mooo, Mar 29, 2009.

1. I have only tried MJ but I was wondering how the two highs compared.

Which one is more pleasurable?

2. Are you serious?

3. weed gives you pleasure, understanding, and truth...ciggs..well..they can give you death, lung cancer, yellow teeth, and bad breath..its all what you want in life..

4. Dont forget you will look like a complete fool....

5. OK thats what I thought too.

Then why is tobacco so popular when theres pot?

Why would anyone smoke cigs when theres bud!

6. alot of ppl think smokin a cigg after smokin boosts up your high.but it only gets you light headed and makes you think your gettin more high....really really reall weed is were its at ciggs? is were you DIE!.........

a horrible death

7. Because one is legal and the other isn't?

8. In relation to the original question (ignoring the side effects of both), I don't really think the highs can be compared. You know already what Mary's high is like so pointless me discussing that. A high from tobacco is VERY shortlived. I wouldn't even call it a 'high' personally, more a buzz.

It's basically a short lasting head rush and your body and mind go tingly. Fades after a few seconds/minutes, whereas weed's high lasts for much much longer.

Also, once you start smoking tobacco more, you don't do it to get high. You do it to become sober once it creates that craving and addiction. Whereas with MJ, you can still get blazed if you've been smoking daily for years. Tolerance breaks always help though :D

:wave:

9. I fuckin love ciggerates

10. weed VS cigs are you serious there is no comparison...the only similarity is that you can smoke both ...cigs are a stimulant not a narcotic ...so thats like comparing the effects of coffee vs alcohol ...you will not be high off a cig unless you have never smokeed took a fat rip and then looked up lol ....

11. weed before cigs, coffee after alcohol... they all compliment one another.
    I roll my hash with tobacco so fuck off everyone lmao.

12. hey just wanted to shed a little insight to this thread. If you smoke untreated tobacco you wont be smoking all the chemicals and shit added to prerolled ciggarettes. The highs are different. The nicotine buzz is more like a head buzz with a mild sedation.

Remember its more what is treated with tobacco that makes it more harmful than regular untreated tobacco.

13. Yeah but those chemicals are yummy..
    I'll be damned if you see me smoking American Spirits.

14. True dat-a. If ganj gets you high, then tobacco is like a jump. Right up, right down. Once you get addicted, you jump just to keep from falling down. BLAMMO! Another awesome analogy. Move aside, Aesop. You ain't got nothin on this. (Just kiddin, you know I love your work.)

15. Haha nice aesop rock reference.

16. Cigs make you a little light headed. Also they are extremly addictive.

17. You're comparing apples and oranges here buddy, do not think just because both drugs are smoked and inhaled that they're similar.

Why would people smoke cigarettes when there is marijuana?

I enjoy the flavor of cigarettes, they help me relax and feel less stressful, I can get 6 ounces for eight dollars....the list goes on.

Basically I smoke because I really enjoy it.

18. First you say they're apples and oranges, then you say why have one if you can have the other? Okay, so which is it?

Another example, with lamps and doors:

Lamps and doors are totally different.
    Why use a lamp when there are doors out there?

BTW, I'm just bustin your testes. :devious: It's not a big deal. :)

19. You have to be stupid to smoke cigarettes. Come on, ganja is less harmful and produces better effects.