Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MJ Tax Stamp laws with No Representation in Gov't

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Shouse1018, May 3, 2006.

1. Wow, I am wayyy to bakkked. Having trouble comprehending what this means

State: GA

[​IMG] Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report

Georgia
    <TABLE borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=413 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Stamp</TD><TD align=right>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=91>State Code</TD><TD width=111>§48-15 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tax Rate </TD><TD>$3.50/gram
    </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Penalty for Nonpayment (Civil and Criminal ) </TD><TD>Misdemeanor</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Additional Information </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

See NORML's report, Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws and Penalties.

O.K. So i'm thinkin right. . . .BAM. . . .it hits me. . . . .I need to find some of them

stamps right? anyone care to elaborate???

2. Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=130 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD>
    <TABLE borderColor=#cccc99 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>“No taxation without representation” was the rally cry of advocates of American independence in the eighteenth century. Today, tens of thousands of cannabis consumers utter a similar cry over the selective and inappropriate enforcement of illicit drug taxes. In twenty US states, those who possess cannabis or other illegal drugs are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. The total cost of the tax is generally determined by the quantity of contraband possessed. Unlike typical criminal statutes prohibiting the possession and sale of controlled substances, drug tax stamp laws primarily assess financial penalties on the defendant for noncompliance. On occasion, criminal sanctions may also be imposed.
    Although nearly half of all US states have marijuana tax stamp laws on the books, few citizens observe them. Most individuals are unaware that such laws exist in their state; others fear that complying with it will incriminate their behavior. Because of this widespread noncompliance, drug tax stamps – unlike so-called “sin taxes” on alcohol or tobacco – do not collect state tax revenue at the customer's “point of purchase.” Rather, the legislative intent of drug tax laws is to impose an additional penalty – tax evasion – upon drug offenders after they are arrested and criminally charged with a drug violation.
    In some states such as Georgia, failure to comply with the state tax law may result in a nominal misdemeanor penalty. However, in other states such as Minnesota, failure to comply with the state's drug tax law may result in a defendant facing an additional fine of up to $14,000 and seven years in jail.
    See State Tax Stamp Data for the current state penalties for violating marijuana tax laws and additional information regarding a particular state's law.

If I've read this right then i can buy a Stamp and not get in trouble with the law

for possesing MJ?????

3. Dunno, from what i can make of it, its illegal to have the MJ until you get the stamp... but you can't get the stamp w/out taking the MJ to the office to get the stamp... Catch 22 no?

4. Uhm, I'm not really sure how that works, but from how I read it I think that if you have the stamp you'll still get busted for possesion or whatever, but you won't get stuck with the tax evasion penalty. That's really fucked up though.

5. I want to know where to get one of these stamps. . . .just to say i have it, ya know?

anybody got any clue as to where i would find such a stamp?

6. i live in southeast GA and i dont know if i would trust the damn government for shit or the town i dont think its real

7. I would love to challenge GA state gov't. They are labeling me a criminal because

i choose to ingest one of the many herbs God created for me. I say that is not

right. hmm. . . . .maybe i should peacefully protest in front of the gov't building.

8. Yea, but they didnt make any stamps. Thats the loop hole

EDIT: Atleast thats what Ive heard.

9. yeah, apparently only these states have em

Alabama | Connecticut | Georgia | Idaho | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Massachusetts | Minnesota | Nebraska | Nevada | North Carolina | Oklahoma | Rhode Island | South Carolina | Tennessee | Texas | Utah

[​IMG]

LOL OMG.......it says Say No To Marijuana. . . .LOL
    [​IMG]

Kinda funny how we have an option to pay a Tax on something that would get us
    jail time.
    I wonder what a cop would say if you pulled you over and found your herb and
    you showed him your MJ tax stamp showing you paid taxes on it, lol da cop would be
    baffled.

dang this one is wicked
    [​IMG]

10. lol if you showed him those tax stamps.. he'd be like.. WTF what head shop sold u these.

11. yeah all the artwork on the stamps is bad ass, but the only reason they made those fucking things is to fuck you over more when you get busted. it's fucking bullshit.

12. yea its not that you wont get in trouble if you get busted with those

its you wont get in as much trouble

so if your shit gets found they will not only get u on paraphenilia but also that you had something without paying the tax which is another fine

they fuck you over twice

13. AHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

marihuana tax

the government is a bitch

14. plus i'd think that anyone dumb enough to go looking for them would probably be labeled a "potential". heh ga sucks, we don't have it that good.

15. that could be the gayest thing ive ever heard.

16. i've read where people have taken it to court and found it unconstitutional in some cases, google it or some shit,