Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mj smell

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Timetoblaze420, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Will some really dank weed smell through a metal tin? It has the plastic re sealed over it. I'm really nervous but I need some reassurance on what I'm going to say when this package gets here. Thanks to anybody that helps.

2. I would say probably not since you said it has plastic re-sealed over it and it is also in a metal tin 

3. mason jar will solve all your problems.

4. the odor of weed will penetrate through plastic.

5. he's right 

6. Thank you so much. And I don't have the opportunity to put it in a mason jar now so I'm just trying to figure this out. Once again, you're saying that some really strong weed won't smell through the metal tin? It was (once again) re sealed with the same plastic it originally came in so it looks like it was never opened.

7. [quote name="FuckCuomo" post="19196101" timestamp="1387510738"]the odor of weed will penetrate through plastic.[/quote]It's also in a metal tin.

8. does the metal tin have a rubber seal? if it made it through the post office, the package probably isn't gonna reek of weed

9. [quote name="FuckCuomo" post="19196128" timestamp="1387510978"]does the metal tin have a rubber seal? if it made it through the post office, the package probably isn't gonna reek of weed[/quote]It's a regular lifesavers tin.

10. And it hasn't gotten here yet. That's why I'm kinda nervous.

11. did you buy weed from someone online? if thats the case your probably never getting that package buddy

12. It's in a plastic bag, in a metal tin, resealed with plastic on the outside of the tin.

13. [quote name="FuckCuomo" post="19196157" timestamp="1387511133"]did you buy weed from someone online? if thats the case your probably never getting that package buddy[/quote]No. It's a trusted grower and I have a license. I just don't want anybody getting a hold of it. Thanks for the help, but still I want a straight answer even if you're not positive. Maybe do a bit of a science experiment for me if you're feeling giving.

14. #14 Delightfully High, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    Your guess is as good as any's friend. It really just depends on how tightly sealed the tin and plastic covering are (IMO). Let us know how this turns out for ya friend.

15. I typically carry joints in a altoids can and put that in a ziploc bag. theres a faint odor when I take it out of my pocket/bag. I guess you just gotta wait it out, good luck

16. Thanks everybody. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

17. Hey guys. As promised I'll tell you how it went. It smelled really dank through the box so I had to be sneaky to get it into my room unnoticed but I wrapped the tin in a ziplock bag and it's in a shoe and that shoe is in a bag. Idk when I'm going to be smoking but I can't wait.Thanks and merry Christmas Eve if you celebrate. If not, happy holidays and keep toking. I'll put some pics up later.

18. Candle jars, Wal-Mart sells perfect little jars that hold up to a half ,for like 3$ I think. Old vitamin bottles work well also. You need a non-permeable container if you want no odor. Plastic bags have small pores that the smell will eventually seep through. Hope your danky danky makes you have a merry Christmas! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. [quote name="ByBySucker" post="19223824" timestamp="1387920921"]Candle jars, Wal-Mart sells perfect little jars that hold up to a half ,for like 3$ I think. Old vitamin bottles work well also. You need a non-permeable container if you want no odor. Plastic bags have small pores that the smell will eventually seep through. Hope your danky danky makes you have a merry Christmas! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Thanks man! It'll be a little more frostier now. Haha.