MJ "Medicince" to be absorbed through the skin

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Tommatt, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hey guys. I'm almost done with my grow, and my GF was telling me about something her grandma used to do, and I was kinda curious about it. My mom suffers from really bad arthritis (has had one surgery already) and wanted to fine tune this/see if its logical to do.

What her grandma used to do, was take some bud, trimmings, whatever, and a bottle of isopropal alcahol. She would also add lavender, rosemary, and stuff like that to the bottle along with the MJ. Then, after sitting a few months, she'd use it for medicine. She even used to rub it on my GF's temples when she had a headache as a little girl.

Will the THC absorb into your system this way? Can you still get high? Any ideas you'd have to fine tune this? My mom wouldn't want to get high, but hey if you did, I'd consider using this! heh.

Any ideas on doing this, if its even worth it, etc...?

2. from my understanding, what you speak of is in fact a worthwhile and effective means of treating many ailments. cannabis oils as well as preparations with alcohol (like what you've described) are ingested and used as topical treatments for maladies ranging from arthritis to herpes to various forms of cancer.

if you're interested in hearing a little more about the potential of such applications of cannabis as medicine, you should watch "Run From the Cure" it's a Canadian documentary, and it can be found easily via google and watched for free.