MJ Documentary

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Derek Nickell, Jul 21, 2013.

1. All,

I have been doing some research on MJ documentaries over the last year.  Mostly watching docs that are available on Netflix and Hulu...and I have witnesses a lot of crap.  Most of these docs don't do any justice for legalizing medical MJ.  Either they are shot horribly, edited horribly or just don't have a solid message behind them.  I am going to change that.

We need a doc that explains the benifits of use from a scientific point of view.  Something factual that doesn't include a dude in the background baked off his ass acting like a fool.  Its images like that that don't help us and only hurt us.

I have connections in my industry to distribution, production and celebrity endorsement.  I work with award winning editors, and cinematographers that are standing behind my movement.  I have partnered with one of the leading testing and quantification facilities in LA and we are starting production this Tuesday.

What I need now are real people.  People like you and I that use MJ for pain, cancer treatment, hunger...whatever your ailment is. 

So, I am asking this community to pass this info on to those who would be interested.  I need your support in finding those who want to speak in front of my lens, those that have physical and mental ailments and use MJ to get through life, those of use that may not use, but support the legalization. 

For now, you will need to be around the Los Angeles area since, as of right now, I am paying for this out of pocket. 

If anyone has any questions/concerns/hate mail/etc please send it my way.  My website is in my sig below if you want to do your due dilligence.

Peace,

2. You may be too late, the worm has turned and many states in the US have already started the legalization process for Cannabis use, the system, and those that run it, are only too aware of the affects of cannabis use on the ill underage and or mentally challenged.

As a contractor to the cinema industry, it's gonna take a lot of money, money that you will not see back, get a sponsor or ask at your Mj dispensary ..

Thou I have to agree many pro cannabis doc's ...ended in shooting the directors in the foot!!..................lol

3. The Union: The Business Behind Getting High pretty much covers everything you wanna cover, and their spozed to be making a part 2...but go on youtube and type "weed documentaries" and countless ones (full too) come up and a lot of them have really good info in them too, ones from nat geo, history channel, one thats real good narrated by woody harrelson

4. Understood.

I guess I didn't explain it correctly in my first post....not a good lead-off.  This idea is different than the ones that are out right now.  This is going to explain the science behind why MJ works down to the chemical levels and why MJ need to be treated like pharma medications, including handling, testing and manufactuing.  I watched The Union again yesterday.  They touch upon it (@ 1:20hr), but still don't go into enough detail of how and why, chemically, MJ works and why it's a "whole-plant" medication and singeling out individual terpines doesn't have the same effect as the entire plant.

Being a seasoned producer that has produced multiple documentarties in the past, I understand the monetary risk of a documentary. This is something that I am shooting (starting tomorrow actually) and will follow through with, money or not.  Since I am only using my time, at the moment, on this it costs me nothing.

This isn't something to promote the legalization of MJ, I beleive that has already been said plenty of times and legalization is already on the way.   This is a very analytical doc that explains the science behind the plant.

5. I agree, for me I've been toying with the history of cannabis, er ....the archeology actually, starting right back with the Hashish eaters of the Samarium civilization thru to about 1850 or so ...very little on this has been developed ...ponder ponder ??

6. Interesting concept.  The "history", if you will would be a great thing to explore.