Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mj and concentration

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PorkSoda, Jun 1, 2005.

1. after years of smoking i have realized something.. weed greatly enhances my concentration unless i smoke too much.. whatever i am doing at that moment i do a hell of a lot better(i think)...

couple things i noticed.. i was playing chess with my dad a couple days ago while stoned... normally he beats me 4 out of 5 games... but i was untouchable.. i won 3 in a row..

also.. when i drive while high.. i feel like i drive much better.. more careful.. more aware of the road..

etc. etc. etc..

anyway.. i also read this book---The Benefits of Marijuana - Physical, Psychological, and Spiritual:

The brain waves calm down, and this signifies what scientists have termed "movement from an active to a receptive style" of being (Sugerman and Tarter, 1978, p.84). This shift correlates with enhancement of all perceptual experiences, because mental clarity proceeds from a relaxed brain wave pattern by allowing thought processes to slow down. As the mind's busyness diminishes, the energy that is usually needed for rapid mental shifts is freed up and becomes available for more intense focusing in attention. ..

it seems to agree with me

2. i know what you mean, if i am in class and im baked as hell i can't concentrate, but if i only had like 5 hits or something at lunch i can concentrate so much better

3. yeah, sometimes when im really high, i play video games sooo well. Then, as my high decreases, i start to suck and then get better again when i return to normal. At school, though, i can never concentrate. A few days ago, we were supposed to take a quiz on a piece of notebook paper since the teacher didnt want to write on the original test. I was high as shit and wasnt thinking and i wrote all of the test on her sheet....i finally realized when i was done taking it and it was funny as hell. Peace

4. i used to toke b4 tests.. ^^

5. yea i agree w/ you to a certain high. after that your justy too messed up to do anything. it also is like i can smoke mids all day long and do watever. but w/dank andf definetly dro i cant do alotta shit. like wen i was in high school i smoked dank every morning before school. i fell asleep and didnt do shit.
    and the other day my friend had his car at our house and his gfs was there too and she had left home(they live together) w/some1else. so i drove her car to their house behind him in his car.we had just smoked two bowls of the best dank ive had in over a month and like fuck ya im drivin good. then i pull in front the house , go to put the car in park and take my foot off the brake. i fukin rolled into the mailbox. there was no dents or nothin and it was funny as hell. but ya im not sure if weed makes ya smarter,defnetly helps concentrationthough. sry this story was so damn long

6. I find that WHATEVER i do sober is enhanced when i'm high.. that means that I can play mind games (crosswords, backgammon, minesweeper) a lot better and faster and have all options in my head clearly, but I read even slower when i'm high. in general i'm a slow reader so i'm even slower when i'm high. this applies to anything.. if i'm being creative at the moment, then decide to toke, i'm like 3-5 times more creative.. it works with anything - good or bad

7. For me its not so much concentration as it is awareness and attention to detail. I can pick out small things like in music or art that I would have never noticed sober. I can comprehend french(been taking it for 3 years now) way better because I can reason so well to myself. I dont know but its something I love, to experience things that are not open to me what so ever sober all of a sudden.

8. ya i can concentrate really really well one one task at a time but when i try to concentrate on lots of things at once i just get all screwed up.

Me and my friend decided that 2 stoned guys can drive better then one sober person. One person can put complete attention on driving perfectly, scanning the road for hazards and so on. But a stoned person who's driving can't navigate worth a fuck (unless their not paying much attention to the road) so annother stoned person does all the navigating and figuring out in their head the fastest most efficient rout (some times the less traffic ones if we have joints).

When i drive stoned i can drive the standard so friggen smoothly that you would swear that your in a limo with a professional driver. Even when i drive fast i can do it smoothly, way more smoothly then my sober friends and parents.