mixing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mindgnome, Jul 2, 2007.

1. What will happen if I mix some of my herb(marijuana) with dxm? As in I drink the dxm then smoke a bowl or two?

2. Owned? I knew that you were obviously joking though, just wanted to post this for anyone else that was wondering...

DXM and cannabis is a frequent combination, which most people seem to enjoy, at least at lower doses of DXM. High doses of DXM (third plateau and up) mixed with cannabis can be very, very dissociative and sometimes unpleasant. A few people have reported that cannabis with DXM makes them feel very stupid.

One user reported that 360mg DXM followed 3.5h later by "a bowl or two" produced a very profound, and unique, intoxication. Severe flanging of all sensory input was present, and there was an overall "vibration" feeling present in the muscles. With eyes closed, he could think fairly clearly, and solve simple and complex tasks much easier than on DXM or cannabis alone; however, with eyes open (or other sensory distraction) cognitive abilities deteriorated rapidly. Motor skills were possible only when performed automatically; any attempt to focus on them led to difficulties.

Several users have reported that cannabis and DXM generally "go well" together. Note that cannabis after the DXM trip is over seems to bring back some of the dissociative effects, much like alcohol and nitrous oxide.

DXM probably interacts with marijuana at a pharmacological level. Dissociatives decrease the analgesic response to THC (214) and downregulate THC receptors.

3. The same thing will happen but you'll also be high. I dont see why so many people worry about smoking while on another drug. It's not going to create some weird reaction. If anything the trip will kill you're weed high or they will "blend"

4. I always like to smoke weed while on DXM.