Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mixing weed and alcohol

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Yannoh, Nov 8, 2015.

1. #1 Yannoh, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    Hi,
    I'd just like to know what peoples experiences are of drinking alcohol and smoking weed at the same time? Mine is pretty bad. This is my story.
    So about 3 years ago when I was at university I went on a field trip. Naturally there was a lot of booze and a lot of weed on this trip. I had never really done either coming from a very strict religious family so this my first big chance to go wild in my life and man, did I take that chance. I was downing bottles of beer, taking shots and smoking joints like there was no tomorrow. I did this three nights in a row. As I sat down on the coach to come home I noticed I was feeling down, hangover I suspected nothing much. However over the next 9 hours, the duration of the coach journey I steadily began to feel more and more depressed to the point where when I got back to university I was despondent. The only way I can describe the feeling is as if something has sucked every last bit of serotonin out of your brain, there was nothing.
    Little did I know that this feeling would last for 4 months. Yes, 4 months of what can be described only as severe clinical deoression along with severe paranoia and anxiety. I went to the doctor he told me that the weed had screwed up my brain and in effect told me that whati was going through was my own fault for smoking it, no help at all. It was the worst period of my life.Thankfully eventually it went away this feeling and there has been no reoccurrence.
    Since then I have smoked weed and alcohol desperately and neither have given me problems. So what do you think happened? Is this normal? I have searched far and wide for people with a similar story and no success.
    I personally dont blame the weed feel the alcohol played the biggest factor here but its anyone's guess.
    Anyone else had any bad reactions to alcohol and weed?

2. So you drank alcohol and made bad life choices. Welcome to adult life.

3. You said you did it three nights in a row, your body was tired.
    Ive had binges 1-2 weeks long with alcohol,weed, and some other unmentionables, and I was very tired and depressed for a little while until my body regained energy.
    Just keep it in moderation, whatever works for you man.

4. I try not to mix weed and alcohol mainly because I get really dizzy and nauseous and it's just not fun at all

5. I usually just end up blacking out a little bit and I'll make some really dumb decisions lol

6. Yeah, every time I've mixed weed with alcohol, it doesn't really go too good. I just get the spins and want to go to bed. The only plus is that weed will keep you from puking, but if you're drinking to the point that you're puking, it's time to put the bottle down.

If you ever decide to try again though, just remember:
    Grass before beer = You're in the clear.
    Beer before grass = Flat on your ass.

7. I love having a hit when I'm drunk, it just works well together for me. I think if you're not use to it, take it easy on the weed and don't keep trying to get more higher. They both balance out, but if you smoke too much, chances are you're gonna get mad head spins, and that isn't nice

8. Oh man, some of the funniest scenes in my life happened when I was drunkhigh
    Love it