Mixing Weed and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BadRoll, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Well, it happened. Right now if I went outside and smoked 3 small hits of mids I would get high enough that I'd be giggly with a heady feeling and it would be noticeable for at least 2 hours. So you can imagine that after 8ish bowls (probably 20-30 big bong hits) with higher end mids followed by like 5 shots when I only need 2 to get tipsy, I was supremely fucked up.

Follow that up with more weed (which gives many, many people the spins) and you have nausea and unsurprisingly some other weird results.

2. "For less than a second, I literally forgot who I was and thought I had transformed."

dude something similar happened to me.  I was blackout drunk and went and took a number of bong rips.  Normally i can get really fucked and be fine, but i've never been too high before.  I tend to smoke everyday and my tolerance is pretty good and smoking normal amounts doesn't get me crazy high anymore. But this time was different.  I forgot who i was and everything in my life that had happened before going to college.  It's like my conscious had been wiped clean.  I forgot what it was like to ever be sober and thought about my own consciousness completely differently.  everyone thinks about life and the universe and how its crazy (typical stoner shit), but i had lost grip of reality and it freaked me out.  I was really back to normal mentally for a day or two after that.  The weird thing was that it was more than just being really fucked up.  It wasn't like i was a 10 out of 10, it was like a whole different feeling.  It felt like i was on some hardcore shit.

That was the first time that happened to me, but it happened again a couple weeks later.  It's like that first time opened up my mind and now i'm more susceptible to that weird state of mind.  This second time i probly drank and smoke half as much.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I've been crossfading hard all year and this never happened. 

3. I get the spins and just feel wayyyyy too fucked up haha :p

4. Reminds me of the time i experienced ego death. I was throwing up 2 blasts and a half ounce of something. Felt like my insides were literally pouring out of my mouth in a fiery stream. I felt like i was expelling my soul through my mouth. So hard to explain but it was fucking intense.

5. That sounds terrible. Try not to over do it so much next time.

6. This reminds me of this one particular time.

Myself, a close family member, a friend and my girlfriend were chilling in a field opposite my old house. We were in an enclosed space but it was about the size of a baseball stadium. In the furthest corner from the entrance onto this field, sat a tree we endearingly called "our tree". We had all been attending this spot regularly since we were around the age of 4 (being 18 at the time, it had been 14 years of affectionately appreciating this private spot).

So, we sat down together and we rolled up 2 joints to be passed around simultaneously. This bud was a hazey kind of derivative and we took about 30 mins to sit there afterwards and just bounce conversational topics into the air.

This is where I start to feel... Strange.

One of the group suggested we go back to the house because they have dry mouth. I agree reluctantly and we all stand up to begin our 4-5 minute slow walk to the house. As we start across the field I literally see us from above. It was like a music video. I swear to stoner Jesus that I saw us as the camera. This camera swept across all of our faces close up before swinging smoothly up into mid air.

I shake my head and wander off in a string of paranoid thoughts. Could I have really just seen that so vividly?

So I get home and I leave the group downstairs to sort themselves out. I go upstairs to my mum's room, lay on her bed and it happens. It starts to spin and my head races. "Oh shit, I'm going to be like this forever. I'm going to be stuck in this permanently terrifying state. I'll never be the same. I'll always think like this. I WILL DIE A MENTAL FREAK!"

Now, I now know that this isn't the case. I understand this is what smoking can do to the brain when it is incredibly fucked. It wasn't until 3 weeks later I realised that I'd never had that experience before. It then came to me that I was drinking heavily the night before when I am a woman who rarely ever touches alcohol.

Folks, don't drink and fly.

7. I like getting totally smashed on alcohol then smoke a bunch. I feel i can smoke more weed drunk then when im sober but i do admit i have a HUGE tolerance to alcohol and a pretty big tolerance for weed. Dabbing while totally drunk though is too much for me. 

8. #28 Mogwai, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    Gotta love that combination. Nowadays I feel weird drinking without smoking. It just feels like the experience is missing something and I either need to find some weed, do something to occupy my mind from it until the idea comes back later, or just drink more to make up for it. Usually go with drinking more to make up for it.

And I can smoke first and then drink or drink then smoke, but I prefer to drink first and then start smoking once I have a buzz going. But it usually plays out that I smoke first and then drink. But it's a constant back and forth between the two so I don't guess it even matters which is first.

9. Man good story op iv been there before .I'm a light weigh at drinking like 4 shots would get me good .I find if you don't drink to heavily when you smoke it works better .

One night at a party I was pretty drunk I had the bright idea to smoke a bowel bad idea.

With in 15 min the room started spinning an my tummy felt odd so I rushed in the bathroom an puked for ever it felt .after that I felt super light headed an was like F this I'm passing out .

10. I've mixed plenty of times and I love it. Seems to be a personal thing though because some of my friends hate it. One of my buddies actually got really bad trip after we smoked 6months worth of kief in one joint when we had been drinking the night away. He seemed to lose a grasp of reality and it could have ended really bad because we were up on a very high wall when it happened.

He started to ramble about fictional stuff like he was in it himself and I was forced to take care of him when our two more sober friends(they didn't smoke that night) kept fucking with us. Really memorable night.

11. man my last 420 me and my group of buds smoked about 10 bong packs, then drank about 5 water bottles of gin, vodka, tequila, jager, and jack, then smoked countless more bowl packs and bong rips and ate a couple weed brownies and a case of bud light. 2 of my friends ended up puking and one of them actually puked this weird black substance like chunky cat shit lookin shit it was nasty as fuck but nevertheless it was a fun ass night it was a little crazy but deff something ill remember forever. 

12. I remember when I had my first beer.

13. chill dude, why do you have to hate? Im just sharing

14. Sorry! I just have a low tolerance for alcohol and thats impressive mixing all those drinks. I would be puking.

Just jealous is all. :).

If I have a few drinks before I smoke I get very sick. After is alright.

15. I hate alcohol now that i've discovered marijuana.
    If i ever do mix them, i have to get drunk first, then proceed with smoking. It's an awful feeling when the high wears off and then you can only feel the effects of alcohol. it just makes ma sad .

16. This happened to me yesterday. I just came back from Christiania and smoked 1.5 grams there while drinking danish beer without any problems so thought my tolerance had gone up significantly.

I got to my friends house and rolled up a few Js. These were mixed with tobacco. We started drinking beer and smoked two joints. Everything is great. Then we roll another one, this time fatter than the previous ones. Still doing good and still drinking. I then roll another one even fatter and also sprinkle a pinky-nail sized piece of hash on top. More drinks, large draws and getting pretty faded but functioning perfectly.

Then comes the killer.. the dude takes out some super dank stuff that goes straight to the head and totally disrupts my mood. I'm wondering if it's laced cos it makes me feel weird, getting white faced and my facial skin feels cold. I get hella nauseous and eventually run to the toilet to puke a few times. Everything is spinning and I am feeling like I am punch drunk.

Eventually I get up and leave, have only spoken a few sentences since that last weird joint. I keep thinking it's laced but I kept my cool knowing I'd just have to ride this one out and stay calm. I ended up leaning against a giant rock in the forest next to my house closed eyes and trying to sober up. Puking a few more times and eventually feel good enough to end the night and get some sleep.

Today i feel like I'm having a hangover but really wonder what that last joint was made of. I've never felt that way before but after reading here maybe I just got the whitey's?

17. How about you just drank too much and threw up. Nobody laces weed. It's a huge waste and you can't free base a lot of unmentionables. The only time things even become close to getting laced is it someone dips the end of the blunt in unmentionable and yet the unmentionable would only work for his drag and the next person would have to dip it too to get the same effects. You drank too much and couldn't hold your alcohol. It just hit you out of nowhere and made you puke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. i want your tollernce for weed man i hate smokeing alot to get a nice buzz the lower the better .

19. TheMHC that could be, but whatever I smoked hit hard as hell and made everything spin like crazy (which sounds like drinking too much) so i guess it amplified it. But it was instantaneous which I think is weird.

20. Weed + Alcohol = blackout