Mixing Weed and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BadRoll, Sep 3, 2012.

1. #1 BadRoll, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    Hey guys, I was just thinking back on some of my experiences and decided I wanted to share this story of a night that I mixed weed and alcohol with interesting results..

I am a rather new smoker and definitely a lightweight. I don't smoke that often because I live at home and my parents don't approve. One night while my parents were out of town, my older sister had a friend over. I wasn't doing anything, and she invited me to join them. I had drank a bit (maybe 1-2 shots) about an hour and a half before we hung out.

My sister's friend had borrowed some of my weed before and offerred to smoke me out tonight to pay me back. She brought a small bong, and we decided to smoke before we drank since I had heard that smoking after drinking often led to the spins. We went out back and had a long smoke sesh during which we cached around 7 bowls, and I was absolutely fucking blazed. We went back inside and started to drink.

Later, after about 5 shots, I felt a little sick. Being this crossfaded evidently made me lose my judgement and memory of advice from others, so I decided that smoking would probably help to mellow me out, and my sister's friend and I went out back to smoke again. We smoked about 2 bowls and I temporarily felt better.

Upon getting back inside, I rapidly developed nausea and insisted to my sister repeatedly that I felt really sick, leading her to take me upstairs. She gave me water and a garbage can and told me to go to sleep, but I knew I would puke before I could sleep. This is where it got weird.

As a sidebar, I've taken a course on dreaming before, so I know that when the brain is in an altered state of counciousness it will sometimes create strange visualizations to explain what you are feeling (this is essentially why we dream). This happened to me, assumedly because I was so gone.

When I started getting close to puking, I became completely introverted and could see this huge (like 5 feet across) blockage somehow stuck inside of me. I knew it was coming out, and begged that it wouldn't. I tried to resist, but to no avail. (I had lost my grip on normal reality- I wasn't trying to hold back puking, I was trying to hold back this thing).

When I did puke, I thought that my head literally came open and this thing came out. I could see myself as if it were an x-ray: my body was in black and white and seethrough. I continued to puke, and around the 4th time I had a frightening experience.

Instead of just thinking that something was inside of me that had to come out, I momentarily thought that this sickness was a corruption inside of me. I envisioned it as a black substance that was plaguing me and instantly knew it had to come out. But for a brief moment, I convinced myself that I had "accepted" it, and thought that it corrupted my entire self. For less than a second, I literally forgot who I was and thought I had transformed.

After this, although I was a little freaked out, I quickly got my grip on reality back and went to sleep and largely forgot about how weird the experience was until now, 2 weeks later. Has anyone had a similar experience with putting vision to sensations? On a side note, have any of you ever smoked while drunk without issues? Is moderation the key, or do the two just not mix?

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any feedback :D

EDIT: I've had another "visualization experience" on a brownie a few months ago, where I couldn't focus on reality and thought my body was different than it was (springlike). At one point, I sorta bugged out and everything became just outlines, and I could see emotions: that is, when my sister said something that creeped my out, I saw dark grey matter coming toward me and tried to get away from it. When she told me she joking, I instead saw a wave of comforting, red heat coming toward me.

2. Jesus, I'll have what you're having.

That said, as long as you don't overdo it, mixing the two can be quite a pleasant experience.

3. Lol, it was just mids but I have such a low tolerance for both weed and alcohol that the experience was intense.

And yeah, I've mixed the two with good results before by smoking and then drinking, and not smoking again. The order seems to be pretty crucial for one reason or another.

4. whoa dude that sounds like a badRoll , kinda like your name.

but yeah alcohol sometimes like to make people throw up.

and weed just kinda likes to make u hallucinate as a way of sayin stop pouring this shit down ur throat before i make u see crazy things

5. Sounds like it was just the alcohol in that case dude.

You didn't mention eating anything, and liquor will do that to an empty stomach. Next time - get a full meal in you beforehand - guaranteed better results.

6. #6 Thai, Sep 3, 2012
    All i need is the 3 BBBs : Brews Blunts n Bitches.. a Bogies always nice too.. :cool:

edit. and maybe a bump or 2

7. #7 beelz, Sep 3, 2012
    [quote name='"BadRoll"']She gave me water and a garbage can and told me to go to sleep, but I knew I would puke before I could sleep.

Has anyone had a similar experience with putting sensations to vision?[/quote]

From what you're describing I would say it is quite the opposite. Putting vision to sensation. Your brain created a visual image, the blockage, of what you needed to puke out. (Alcohol)

Since you said that you knew you would puke before you could sleep it probably played a part in that visual (The Blockage).

8. Little bit of weed..little bit of alcohol..you can't go wrong.

9. I guess I should've said "changing vision to sensation". Edited.
    It probably did play a role, but it wasn't like I knew this for sure or something, I just knew I felt really nauseous and therefore knew I was gonna puke soon.

Regardless dude, that one moment where I just lost myself... Scary as fuck.

10. Man fuck mixing weed & alcohol. If u just smoke u won't have any problems. Mixing the two can create ridiculous problems. If u must mix them then just limit the alcohol to a drink or 2. Getting very drunk AND very high is one of the worst feelings ever!

When i was a noob i was got real drunk & real high at a party. Puked my guts out. Then wandered in some light rain that felt like tingles, not rain. I laid on the ground to feel the tingly rain. The steady rain sounded like waves instead of steady. OK the rain part was cool actually. lol But nauseous all night, puking, disoriented, got paranoid that I wd always be stuck in that state (but I guess that's just a noob thing to worry about lol).

Being real drunk & high is basically forcing ur body into 2 opposite reactions at the same time. I could feel my whole body sick and trying to slow down from being drunk (alcohol is a "downer"), while also trying to have the "upper" stimulation of the high. So my whole body was basically torn into 2 opposite directions; one of the worst feelings ever (& very unhealthy too).

Moral: Blaze as much as u want but limit drinks to 1 or 2 and avoid that bullshit.

11. mixing weed and booze can be awesome or it can be horrible. it can also go from being awesome to horrible pretty quickly.

Obviouisly the more tolerant to weed you are the better you'll fare but generally, if you're pretty well liquoured up/drunk the more weed you smoke the closer you get to making the entire world spin way too fast and feeling like you're on a carnival ride from hell that just wont stop (spread out on the floor, clinging on for dear life, nausea, all that).
    I used to love the feeling of being drunk then getting stoned and going to lala land, that stage just before the spins begin, it was the ultimate combo. untill i started getting serious memory blanks and passing out in random places, and generally being pretty agitated and agressive the next day
    There's a little saying... Booze then grass you're on your arse, Weed then beer you're in the clear. meaning smoking before drinking is generally alot safer than doing so afterwards.
    Meh, a little bit of both is a fine time indeed, i guess its just about knowing your personal limits and being able to stick to em.

12. lol thats great

13. i love gettin hammerd them puffin on a fat j before i pass out when i smoke before i drink it makes me not feel like drinkin.

14. Yeah exactly, you don't really want to drink after smoking. The other people I was with were going to though, so I ended up doing it.

And don't get me wrong, I have had good experiences mixing the two when it's weed before drinking and then no more weed. The problem is, you don't really want to drink after smoking, and then once you start drinking it's hard to control yourself due to drymouth. Even worse is that being drunk makes you want to go back to smoking :rolleyes:

15. similar things have happened to me before, not the puking tho.. weed has never made me puke but if i smoke to much and start feeling nauseous i start thinking all sorts of weird shit lyk that. would be nice to get a scientific/biological explanation

16. fucks up i dont get it i got sick 2-3 times mixing weed and alcohol i can smoke drink smoke drink all day as long as i dont stop i wont get sick

17. I smoke and drink together pretty often. feels great. but my tolerance is pretty high.

18. Alcohol + Weed = "the spins"

19. An ale after you finish the peak of your high is a tasty and rewarding experience.

20. What the fuck did i just read? This was mind owing but overly ridiculous lol