Mixing weed + alcohol questions

Discussion in 'General' started by token11, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I usually have a few drinks (about 4-5 pints) after work and a spliff to go with to chill out and relax, and on a Friday (about 10 pints) and 2 spliffs. I just have three questions to anyone who mixes in weed with booze.

(a) Do you find alcohol dampens/ dilutes the high, or does it not make a difference - simply giving a bit of extra buzz.

(b) Is it better to smoke after a few drinks, or does it make a difference if one smokes before drinking. If it's better to smoke after drinking, how come?

(c) Does it make munchies that much worse (providing one tries as much willpower as much as possible) given that you're dealing with beer munchies on top of weed munchies.

Thanks for your help.

2. You're over thinking this... just drink and smoke

3. Dude being cross faded is better than being high.

4. a) Alcohol seriously enhances a high for most people.
    b)It depends on what you're doing. If you just want to chill, it doesn't matter. However, if you're trying to get drunk, don't smoke first because it makes it really hard to get drunk.
    c)I don't really get the munchies when I mix the two.

5. If you get wasted and then smoke a fat blunt without any prior smoking...you often get the spins.

6. smoke a joint, drink some beers, smoke a SPLIFF. enjoy rest of day.

7. idk man the few times ive mixed alcohol and weed i got severely fucked up. like i was high but it just adds to it.. im not much of a drinker myself so i dont do it often, but i honestly dont like the effect alcohol gives you by itself. thats just me though

8. Drink then smoke then eat then laugh then sleep!

9. Actually, it might be better to smoke first, before drinking alcohol! :smoking:

White Matter Integrity in Adolescents with Histories of Marijuana Use and Binge Drinking. (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | White matter integrity in adolescents with histories of marijuana use and binge drinking. PubMed Journal article abstract

Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens
    (news – 2010) Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens

Get the protective effect going before you start damaging your brain with alcohol!

Granny :wave:

10. [quote name='"token11"']I usually have a few drinks (about 4-5 pints) after work and a spliff to go with to chill out and relax, and on a Friday (about 10 pints) and 2 spliffs. I just have three questions to anyone who mixes in weed with booze.

(a) Do you find alcohol dampens/ dilutes the high, or does it not make a difference - simply giving a bit of extra buzz.

(b) Is it better to smoke after a few drinks, or does it make a difference if one smokes before drinking. If it's better to smoke after drinking, how come?

(c) Does it make munchies that much worse (providing one tries as much willpower as much as possible) given that you're dealing with beer munchies on top of weed munchies.

Thanks for your help.[/quote]

For me, I think it adds a completely different dimension to things. But that also leads into my next point. I prefer to get drunk first, and then smoke after. That's because when I'm drunk, I'm like energized, ready to go do something and stuff like that. By smoking, it mellows out that energy and let's me reach a super nice medium where I just have 0 cares in the world but also am really social and just... in an all around good mood. I think it makes my munchies less though.

11. I wish I could get my hands on some weed so I didn't have to drink every other night and be in terrible health...ughh.

12. I love drinking and smoking, it's such a weird effect but so amazing.

13. Really, adding alcohol to smoking makes the munchies less? By drinking first, would that be cutting down on the weed munchies the same way as eating before smoking does?

People sorry for prattling on about the munchies, but it's just I want to enjoy myself without spending too money on food (student budget), that and I don't want to be a lard arse.:cool:

14. If I'm going out to a party or something I'll get crossfaded, but alone I don't really drink, maybe a few beers.