Mixing soil - Please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by upinsmoke78, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ok so im going to start my first grow soon and it is going to be a guerilla grow. I moved over to europe about a year ago so all the soil's i hear about like fox farms is not available. I just recently came across a website that sells soil ammendments in europe and i think i am going to mix my own soil. One of my main reasons for this is that i do not have a car i have a bike and that means i have to purchase soil from my local grocery store, so it's not gonna be the best stuff around. So the question im asking is which stuff do i purchase and how much do i blend. This website has worm castings, vulcanic loam, bat guano, fish powder, palm tree ash, and seaweed powder, and something called complete organics. I was also wondering how much soil im going to need and i was wondering if i can blend it with the existing soil at the grow site. The reason im wondering this is as i have said i don't have access to a car. I have a bike and one friend that will be helping me so it seem's impractical to bring in a bunch of bags of soil. I was thinking maybe 1 bag per plant. Thank's for taking your time to read this. here's the website by the way Soil amendments

2. I think you might find the most answers in the outdoor section. You could ask a mod to move this thread.

3. You should start with a base of a general, organic potting soil. If it's 100% organic and does not have any time-released nutes then you're good. You will want to add some perlite and possibly some clean sand, to prevent compacting and help drainage. From there, you can amend the soil with some nutrient-laden choices, worm castings being top of my list. You may also want to blend in some sphagnum moss.

You can keep adding more stuff, but there comes a point where you've given all you need to.

4. why don't you just plant in the ground?

5. Thanks for all the help and quick responses. A reply to why im not going to just plant directly in the ground is i do not think the soil where i am going to be growing will be adequate. I have heard the soil should be easily drainable and easily break apart but at the same it is able to bunch together if you squeeze it with you hand. The soil seem's decent but i think it need's to be able to drain easier. Once again thank's for all the help