Mixing Male and Female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RecStoner, Sep 25, 2010.

1. So I have been doing some reading and was wondering what the danger was of mixing male and female plants in the same grow area?

I would like to have some males as I have some plans for the seeds.

Males make pollen? So what will that do to the other plants?

2. The pollen can attatch to the females and make them cum. This will only be of help to you if you're a felcher.

3. The males will pollinate the females and you will get seeds.

Just make sure you clean your grow area real good or you will get seedy bud on your next grow.

4. This is what I want actually. I want seeds. Thanks!

5. If possible, you would be better off to grow the males in a separate location, harvest the pollen, and then hand-pollinate select buds on your females. That way you control how many seeds you produce and preserve the rest of your bud to be seedless.

6. This is like asking why guys and girls are split up during swim time in PE...raging hormones man the dudes just wanna slay those bitches! But ya get your males growing in a different spot and hand pollinate your females, keeps you from destroying an entire crop.

7. So essentially one would still get bud but it would have seeds correct? And I assume since it produces seeds that might affect the potency as well.

8. Yes. But instead of hundreds of seeds, which is way more than you need, you produce only the amount of seeds you want and leave the rest of your bud sinsemilla. You could pollinate just one bud, or two, or whatever you need.

9. That is what I want! hundreds of seeds. There are some spots along roadways that could use some 'greenery'.

Also, the State Police have a new spot with some open planting areas that could also use some green plants.

Like George Washington said, "Sow it everywhere"

10. Pollinate as much as you want. If you literally want the most seeds possible and don't care about smokable harvest then let the boys and girls freely mingle.

I'm not sure how far you'll get with your Johnny Appleseed campaign, though...

11. We have one where i live, everyone tosses seeds, sows, plants and you pretty much trip over it here... boy did the optimus prime helicopters have a friggin great time here 2009 september adn october... waster so much money collecting all the ditch weed that they couldn't fund 2010 or 2011.