Mixing kief with e liquid???

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by swyrcat, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Howdy. I work at a vape shop and recently had a customer say he mixed kief with a popular brand of E liquid (I believe it was Fog Dog's Blue Slush in 6 MG nicotine for those interested) and let it steep for two weeks. He said when he put it in his tank (Smok Cloud Beast) it worked! Have any of yall tried this?

2. this will clog your coils very quickly

• Like Like x 4
  3. I'd think so too. I don't want to waste my kief trying this so that's why I asked for opinions!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Perhaps @BrassNwood will chime in or point you in the right direction. Look up some posts by him on the subject. He has been successfully doing this for a bit now. From my understanding it's working out really well for him.

I do believe that he's using a dripper to do this with though, and not a tank, but I could be wrong…

J

• Like Like x 1
  5. @swyrcat
    Left to steep yes Kief will meld into the glycerin that makes up the biggest part of E liquids.
    I've gotten the best results washing the kief with 151-190 proof everclear and using the resulting tincture to modify my E juice.
    Coils last longer with less plant material on them such as the kief bits.
    I'm using a geek vape tsunami 24 RDA with Kanthal wire at about 40 watts. When the cotton gets dark and the flavors starts to taste burned it takes just seconds to pull the cotton, dry burn the coils clean and rewick with fresh cotton.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hey pal thanks much for the response. :)

So the 151 must just about dissolve the keif, correct? So if I was to do this, if I was to take a heaping tablespoon of keif what I just add enough alcohol to dissolve it? Maybe a half a teaspoon or are you using more?

Once you have the dissolved/broken down keif/alcohol mixture do you allow the alcohol to "flash off"/evaporate or is it added directly to a VG/PG mix?

I'm thinking I'd like to do this - but I'm also thinking I should prolly get a separate dripper or tank setup for my mod.

Sorry for all the questions lol

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. @jerry111165
    The alcohol strips the THC from the kief in seconds then I add some strained kief tincture to my E juice. Simple and fast. Don't worry about the alcohol as it's part of the carrier for the E juice flavors anyhow and inhaling a little Ethanol vapor isn't all that bad ( tiny amounts here ) But look up Back Draft Drinks for fun with ethanol vapor inhalation.
    190 proof is best both from a tincture making point and the water tends to pop when it hits the hot coil although some juices do use a small percentage of distilled H20 but 151 is fine if that's all your local laws allow. That's all Ca. sells.
    Adding Tincture to store Juice will thin it enough to likely leak in a Clieto so be ready for it. RDA Drippers are a little more forgiving both on coils and wicks-cotton. 30 seconds and 1/2 a pennies worth of wick keeps flavors good and costs low. Save the Clieto and it's $$ coils for your Nicotine juice as they'll last way longer with clean juice.
    Even the coffee filters leave enough crap in the tincture to gunk up the wicks and coils fairly fast.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you very much man. I'm going to be making a batch of dry ice keif soon so I'm going to give this a shot.

I do have an unregulated Mod and dripper that I can dedicate to the medicine - ty again pal.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll be trying these recipes at some point!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. OK GUYS,
    @BrassNwood @cannaguy420
    everyone is talking about using grass, shatter or kief... what about hash oil???
    it dissolves instantly in alcohol and also would go much faster in VG...
    what about using 70-30 e-juice so adding the tincture will make it reach near to 50-50... which will be good for MTL kits...
    or mixing our own juice using hash oil in alcohol (vodka,rum or whatever)... then mixing it with VG to reach 50-50 e-juice....
    what do you think guys?

• Like Like x 1
  11. @dido
    No reason it wouldn't work.
    I work with what I can create here in Brass's backyard of delight and the scale is small and the methods are limited to what I can do on the cheap and within the confines of my little back yard.
    So far the best E liquid I can make is dry ice hash washed in 190 proof Everclear to make a strong tincture and mixing that with VG and dripping it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Could work

13. I mixed a gram of Keith with some banana juice it worked surprising well I got high :smoking:

14. It would make much more sense to extract into oil or tincture. The cellular components contained within the kief would make it poorly soluble in PEG/VG and cause particulate to aggregate in the vaporizer. The both polar and non-polar property of PEG allows it to have some significant amount of solubility in the Terpene profile of cannabis oil. A word of caution though, depending on your method of extraction may effect the amount of solvent left over in the product. More solvent, especially saturated hydrocarbons like butane would make it less soluble. Don't overuse the PEG, and mix it in a hot water bath. Keep the temperatures below these temperatures for obvious reasons. The addition of the heat will not only make it more soluble, it will Carboxylate more THC in the product, increasing the percentage, however I can't tell you how significant it will be. I've tried using different ratio's when making e-liquid but they always change quite a bit depending on what strain (most likely due to different Terpene profiles, THC, ect)

(Delta)-9-TetraHydroCannabinol (THC) Boiling point: 157C / 314.6F
    Cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180C / 320-356F
    Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185C / 365F
    Cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220C / 428F
    (Delta)-8-TetraHydroCannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178C / 347-352.4F
    TetraHydroCannabiVarin (THCV) Boiling point: 220C / 428F