Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mixing hash oil with olive oil

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dido, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,
    My mom is about 70... She survived cancer twice and now she has all of the side effects of her treatments combined with age problems causing her a lot of pains in her bones and muscles..
    She got fedup and sick of all the pain killers... I convinced her to try hash oil a couple of weeks ago and it was like magic... She took an oral dose and from the first dose she could walk and move freely again for 2 days..and she slept like a child like she never did for ages
    So I was thinking to mix some hash oil in olive oil and let her have a daily dose and see how it will go...
    How much do u think I should use for a good dose ??
    How many grams do add to one litre of oil so it will be potent but not get her high...
    Does it have to be decarbed or not?? Will that make a difference if she doesn't wanna get high?
    Any advices good people?
    Peace

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. High dido

Great to hear that your mom found something to help and someone to help her. ;)

If it's effective as it is then I wouldn't decarb it. As a medicine cannabis is just as effective and won't get you so high if not decarbed. It's quite likely mostly decarbed from being processed into oil already.

You could for sure dilute it with olive or many other oils to make dosing easier. Even put that into caps if you wanted to if a pill would work better.

Figuring out the dosage is a bit tricky. The way I do it with cocobudder I make is to cook up the pot in either a 20:1 or 10:1 ratio. Like 20 grams coconut oil to 1 gram pot for the 20:1.

Then I'll use a proper measuring spoon and take 1 level tsp. for a test dose one evening about 2 hours before I plan to go to bed. It can take up to 2 hours to really feel it and if it's a bit too much then I was going to bed anyway so no harm, no foul. I just go to bed and sleep it off. :)

How are you giving your mom the oil now? Can you make a ballpark estimate of how many doses you would get from a gram? How much oil do you have or can you get more if needed?

Just for example: If you think you would get 10 doses per gram and have 2 grams and want 1 tsp/dose then you would want to dissolve the 2 grams of oil in [(2g x 10 doses/g = 20 doses) x 5ml/tsp] = 100ml of olive oil needed. Might be better to double the amount of olive oil and try 1tsp first. Put it on a cookie or piece of toast. Something that will be eaten so the whole dose is taken. Putting on pasta would leave some on the plate or if she couldn't eat it all the dog would get it. ;)

My 91 yo mom is using RSO on some skin cancer patches and I forgot to ask her if it's working yet. She had been away visiting family so may not have taken it with her then.

Good luck!

3. I mix whatever amount of oil I can extract from 30 grams of bud (usually 3.5 - 5 grams) with 2 ounces of carrier oil. For dosage, it's trial and error. We're talking drops here via a pipette.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thx for the replies good people,
    LabRat .. I can get oil anytime I'm extracting it from hash (or kief) it's available where I live...
    I gave my mom 2 doses... I put her a small drop of oil (about 1/5 of a gram give or take) in a piece of chocolate...
    I usually decarb kief before alcohol extraction so this gave her a good buzz coz she never tried it before..
    So I will just put about 5 grams of hash oil on 1 liter of olive oil and keep heating it for an hour or so in a double boiler and that's it??
    I'll not decarb first I'll just let it go with the oil heating...
    Then I'll let her take a tea spoon every day..
    Is that rite?

• Like Like x 1
  5. That should work fine but a liter might be too much and doses would be a lot of oil to eat somehow.

You might want to check out my cocobudder method in the link in my sig below. I decarb the pot as it cooks in the coconut oil and will be doing some like it using organic MCT oil which is made from coconut oil but is liquid at room temp and has no coconut taste. It's supposed to be better than olive oil or even whole coconut oil as a carrier for cannabinoids. Any good oil could be used to do the same thing.

I have to go out but later I'll PM you with some links to some people that are really doing some great work with lab testing etc that you might find helpful but they are on another forum so it wouldn't be kosher to post the links here.

6. Thx a lot mate I'll wait your PM...
    My mom doesn't like the taste of coconut ... So cocobudder will not be a good choice .. I don't know if MCT oil is available around here I'll check..
    But she likes olive oil and it's available here that's why it came first to my mind..
    The big amount is not a problem I guess I'll be letting her use it daily also as prophylaxis from cancer plus treatment of her chronic pains...
    She can use a tap every day with some yogurt or cheese or even she can swallow it directly.
    Unless there are difference in any aspect of potency or storage using other oils then I'll have to change to the better one.

7. That's a nice idea to use it as drops...
    Can control the dose in a better way then ..
    Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Just to make sure... How long shall I keep the oil in the double boiler while dissolving the hash in the oil??

9. Once it's fully dissolved it should be good to go. I use liquid sunflower lecithin with my cocobudder as it's supposed to make it more absorbable in the gut.