Mixing General Hydroponics and Advanced Nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DenialTwist, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Howdy folks?

Anyone have any experience using the 3 part GH formula as a base and adding Advanced Nutrients as well? Stuff like voodoo juice, big bud, etc...?

2. Hmm, that's an interesting question. I'm sure that you can just use the other nutes with the base like you would use it with the same sort of nutes from AN.

Personally, I tend to use the same nutrients from the same brand since that makes more sense to me. I mean, I guess nutes are nutes are nutes with the same chemicals when you get down to it, but since the company designs the nutes to work together, it seems to make more sense to use them all at the same time.

Also, since each nute company has their own special blend, to make sure the nutes are working together, I think it might be better to stick with one company. IMHO.

But to get back to your question, just use the other nutes as the bottles say, assuming you know the ratios of the base nutes are the same as AN. That way, you can be certain you're using enough. At the same time, you might want to use just a little less of the AN nutes as they tend to be stronger - plus you can always add more. Much harder to take away nutes when you have them in the grow.

3. i was curious about the same thing my buddy uses Fox Farms products and some General Hydroponics organic line...seem to be working fine..none of his plants look sick...anyone else here have opinions on this mixing of brands:smoke:

• Like Like x 1