Mixing gatorade with vodka / alternative mixes

Discussion in 'General' started by goodolddays, Oct 9, 2010.

1. BLue gatorade and Pear grey goose kinda tastes like cotton candy.

2. oj and rum that'll fuck you up
    and gaterade and vodka is fineee

3. fresh squeezed oj and rum and a nice big joint was every morning in jamaica...i want to go back

4. You can put vodka in anything and it'll taste about the same with the added benefit of fucking you up. I'm currently sipping on a double vodka cream soda. Delicious.

5. Cranberry juice and vodka mix well together.

6. Not really a vodka fan but i do like some of the flavored top shelf vodkas mixed with sweet tea. Also the sweet tea flavored vodka is the fucking shit... especially when mixed with sweet tea :D

My alcohol of choice is rum though... usually mixed with sweet tea :)

7. Vodka mixes with nothing.

CC & DRY.
    Appleton Estate Rum & Coke.
    Jagermeister & Red Bull (there is absolutely no energy from that shit anyway).
    Ok these aren't exactly alternatives...

Dr Pepper & Johnny Walker.
    Need to find something for A&W Creaming Soda.

8. Gatorade or juice with alcohol is fine as it slows your dehydration rate. Alcohol with soda is bad (well, y'know what I mean) because of the sugar and caffeine content (stimulants + depressants).

9. LOL. Gatorade is not healthy. It is a healthier alternative to red bull and such, but far from healthy.

10. Sounds like Fader-ade :p

11. Gatorade is loaded with carbohydrates which are useful after youve been working out more than 1 hour. This will keep you hydrated and refuel yourself with glucose which in turn support ATP production, which is the energy molecule of the cell that helps increase metabolism.

Im a nutrition major

12. i'm with you.

I don't really drink, but, if I do, it's rum.

13. ....Which makes it a healthier alternative to other energy drinks, like I said.

Gatorade is loaded with carbs. How is that healthy??
    Gatorade is loaded with sugar. How is that healthy??

It's good for certain situations, but drinking solely gatorade can be bad for you.

14. This.

15. We were actually just talking about this my drugs and behavior class. Alcohol and caffeine, when combined, such as red bull and vodka, end up making a metabolite called caffeinol.

I don't remember how bad it was for you, whoever said all the qualities of both drugs are amplified when combined was right, each drug is stronger together than if either were ingested separately.

I do remember my professor mentioned that over time, in small doses, caffeinol can help prevent Parkinsons (or some such disease), like how a glass of red wine a day is good for your heart, so there's taht.

16. Well, that's cool.

But, Gatorade is just a sugar water with some caffeine in it. I'd rather just drink a cup of coffee while I'm drunk.

17. Id agree with the statement, drinking gatorade just to drink something is bad for you.

Carbs are healthy, and I explained why before. As for sugar, there is only alot of sugar in the regular gatorades, not the gatorade zero versions. and plus, like I said, if youre working out for more than one hour a little sugar will be burned off because fat cells are burned after 60 minutes of cardio.

18. Pshh rehydrant my butt, Gatorade is the same as any other juice/drink out there... drink up.

19. Is that what you tell yourself?

20. Lol, I was kidding. Clearly there are more educated people in this thread when it comes to this subject. Don't get a hard on for schooling me in nutrition.