Mixing 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 organic dry amendments into Fox Farm Ocean Forrest?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Nollie, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hello! I've been trying to use organic-based nutrients for growing and stumbled across an organic dry amendment called Gaia green. I have listed the ingredients below but was curious if you felt I should mix the amendments into the Fox Farm Ocean Forrest or top-dress at a later date? It will be grown in a 3-gallon fabric pot if that makes a difference.

My thoughts are because the Foxfarm has nutrients already I would be afraid to burn the seedlings.

Thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :gc_rocks:

Gaia Green Organic 4-4-4
    GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS
    Total Nitrogen (N)………………………………..………4.0%
    2% Water Soluble Nitrogen (N)
    2% Water Insoluble Nitrogen (N)
    Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) ……..……………….4.0%
    Soluble Potash (K2O) ……………………………………4.0%

DERIVED FROM
    Certified organic alfalfa meal, basalt rock dust, blood meal, bone meal, feather meal, fishbone meal, fossilized carbon complex, glacial rock dust, greensand, gypsum, insect frass, kelp meal, mined potassium sulphate, mineralized phosphate, oyster shell flour, rock phosphate.

and

Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4
    GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS
    Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………………….2.0%
    1.82% Water Soluble Nitrogen (N)
    0.18% Water Insoluble Nitrogen (N)
    Available Phosphate (P2O5) …………………..……….8.0%
    Soluble Potash (K2O) …………………………….…….4.0%

DERIVED FROM
    Basalt rock dust, bone meal, sterilized feather meal, fish bone meal, humic acid, glacial rock dust, greensand, gypsum, insect frass, kelp meal, mined potassium sulphate, mineralized phosphate, rock phosphate.

2. I wouldn't transplant seedlings into ffof with the added nutes. I would transplant, and after a period of time, top dress the appropriate dry fertilizer.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. i think your thoughts are right and i agree with OS's comments as well. the biggest concern i have with those two labels is the water soluble N, which combined is ~4%. that could definitely cause a young plant some problems.

i've never been a fan of blood meal as fertilizer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Appreciate your insight thank you! I will do as you said. Makes the most sense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I appreciate the honesty and will take it into considerating when looking for an alternative fertilizer.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out the question!

• Like Like x 2