Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mixing 2 different tinctures instead of buying a 4:1

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by johncpatterson, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Hi all, I am having a very hard time finding medical tinctures, such as the kinds that offer 1:1, 2:1, 4:1, 16:1, etc. mixes of CBD and THC. Staff at dispensaries have explained to me that the increase in recreational usage has caused a decrease in these types of medical tinctures being available.

As such, is there any difference between buying one of these medical tinctures, versus simply buying both a CBD only tincture and a THC only tincture, and then placing 4 CBD drops under the tongue and 1 THC drop under the tongue (mimicking a 4:1 tincture)? Of course you would need to monitor the dosage very carefully.

In fact, this seems like an even better idea than buying a medical tincture by itself, since most medical tinctures don't allow you to choose the strain, but many THC only tinctures do allow you to choose. Thanks for the help!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Welcome to the City
    Experimenting is always your best bet. Play with various ratios.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the warm welcome! Indeed, I am certainly happy to play with various ratios, but my question is, is playing around with various ratios from two different tinctures basically the exact same thing as buying one single tincture (such as a 4:1). Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think that basically they're a good version of the ready made tinctures as you can customize until you find what you want and even then it can be adjusted.
    Welcome to Grasscity. Good question. I've toyed with doing the same thing, but haven't bothered. Let us know your experience, please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yes.

i think the amount of hemp CBD online has also a thing of dispensaries not caring much of it.
    you can ask them if they will carry something.they might do it.

6. Yeah, mix away. And when your talking about edible extracts, strain really doesnt mean fuck all.

7. I've made my own mixes of tinctures. One detail is that tinctures come in different strengths, so it may take some experimenting to get the desired mix.

• Like Like x 1