Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by chimera765, Jun 17, 2011.

1. #1 chimera765, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    Okay, I'll try my best to tell this story with as much clarity as I can. (I usually skew stories by not providing enough context, figures eh?)

TL; DR: Girl has boyfriend, she and I hang out and she acts flirty towards me, girl and I smoke and drink, next morning she seems to kind of like me after we sobered up.
    ------

About 2 weeks ago, one of my really good female friends brought up the subject of drinking with me. I eagerly jumped at the topic as she's known I've wanted to hang out with her for a while. And I've more or less fallen in love with her. (And she knows I like her.)

Over the course of the week leading up to this previous weekend (June 5 - June 12) she keeps texting me saying she is excited for Saturday and that she is saving her party-animal purely for that night with just me. Naturally, I get excited because I've never hung out with her like this before and that I may have a chance to confess my feelings for her if the moment presented itself.

The texts between us continue up until Saturday evening, where she arrives at my dorm room and we catch up on everything from college to our personal lives. Unbeknownst to me, she had just gotten into a relationship with another guy. Upon hearing this news, I was internally shattered but, I tried to not act like it bothered me.

At about 9 PM the night starts picking up...

Shortly before 10 PM, she and I each take a shot of a jager bomb and she immediately proceeds to start jumping on me and playing around in a flirtatious manner (even going so far to ask me if I liked her boobs).

Mind you, we aren't even drunk as we've only had a single shot.

She then proceeds to try and show me her butt and more aggressively playing with me. This continues for a good 30-45 minutes before we go for another shot and hit a blunt. After that, we continue to play around until she tackles me onto my bed and begins to start play licking my face and trying to tickle me. This continued until about midnight-1 AMish.

By 2 AM, she and I are both tanked and baked as fuck and she admitted she wanted to kiss me. I admitted I wanted to kiss her back, but I did not want to violate or intervene on her relationship. She accepts that, and goes back to playing with me. By 3 AM, she and I are passed out.

--------- THE NEXT MORNING -------

The next morning, she seemed almost different. She looked me in the eyes sincerely, she laughed at almost everything I said, and she kept nudging towards me when we sat on the couch talking about the previous night.

She pretty much seemed happier around me than when we saw each other the day before. I naturally felt happy about this and took her to lunch, and afterwards we head back to my dorm to help her pack up.

After she had left, I called my best bud Evan and told him all about the night.
    Upon telling Evan that she and I hung out, he begins to ask me how she behaved. I told him every detail that occurred.

Based upon what I told him, he believes she might like me a bit. And the main clue he said is that she drove 3 hours just to see me.

-----------

Now here's the part where I need you guys to provide your input:

1. If she has a boyfriend, why did she start acting so flirtatious when we barely began the night?

2. Evan said that if she drove 3 hours only to see me that night, she must still have feelings or a slight crush on me. Opinions?

3. The fact that the morning after she seemed even more responsive to me makes me wonder if she may still have feelings, or if I'm just over analyzing the situation. Thoughts?

Sorry if this seems hard to comprehend, I tried to make the story flow as best I could.

2. Yea sounds like she likes you to me. How long has she had the boyfriend. And if she drove 3 hours to see you, then she really must have wanted to hang out. Either way, it's looking good for you from those details. Don't rush into anything though, just see how it plays out for now.

3. bitch was askin for it :rolleyes:

4. yea boyfriend or not she wanted to touch your penis... and you pretty much pulled out the "friend" cars by not kissing her therefore probably blowing your only shot...

5. #5 gone540, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Definitely didnt blow your shot. If she really likes you she would just want a one-time fling and if she did, then she's a slut lol

6. Well I definitely didn't attempt to try and do that haha, although the way she behaved that night makes me seem like she did want to have a fling.

I just want her to feel like she's the world to me, instead of making her feel like an object in the end.

Plus she loves pot as much as I do, and she use to hate it!:yay:

7. Yea a girl that smokes is always a plus lol. But yea just take it slow for now and feel it out if you really want to let her know that she means a lot to you. Are her and her boyfriend really serious?

8. she's been known to be a long relationship girl, but the way she described her boyfriend to me. they just seem so different honestly.

9. Then I'd say you have a pretty good chance. Don't rush right into things. Just try and give her little hints on how much she means to you and just go from there. Good luck and enjoy it :)

10. Awesome, I appreciate the input! The only gripe I've got to point out is that she hasn't really texted me as much. But there could be a thousand reasons why she's not as fast to reply.

11. I think the fact that you didn't take advantage of her (honestly, fucking congrats man, not many guys are as... is "valiant" too facy? - as you.

And maybe thats why she likes you now. ;)

Some things though:
    1) Don't act different than you've been acting all along (cause she obviously is attracted to the REAL you.. not the "omg she likes me now i have to act tough and different" you.

2) Make sure you dont get obsessed... Theres so much to say on this point and i dont wanna write it all out (cause its all over the internet:p) but like seriously, take it slow and dont call her 3008320 times a day and fb her every 3 seconds

3) Stop over thinking. Sometimes people do things for no reason... theres not a logical explanation for every persons behavior.. i mean, if there was then mj would be legal, and encouraged, cigs wouldve never been invented, kids wouldnt strangle themselves for a better orgasm and people wouldnt fuckin take in all the smoke in their mouth, and empty it out have a second later claim that they're "high".

cheers :)

12. Thanks Sevexius, the input really means a lot!

Hopefully I'll be able to show her just how much she truly means to me. My sister asked me how I would describe my feelings and I just couldn't find the words to describe how I felt. All I could say was the various feelings of euphoria that wash over me when I talk about her lol

13. 'Valiant' means being brave and following your own desires, not worrying about another guy