Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by hazyyjane, Mar 21, 2012.

1. so there's this boy...

about two months ago, a few of my close friends moved away, and I'm slowly starting to branch out again. I've started to get to know a whole group of people, and this kid is one of them. normally, I can tell when a guy's into me, but because we're all new to each other, I can't tell if he likes me or if he's just being friendly.

he invited me over to make dinner recently, and when I got there, some of his roommates + other people were over.. which made me think alright, cool, friends... but then we ate alone, and I thought I saw him shooting me a few glances/standing extra close while we were cooking, so I started to think well, okay, so maybe more... basically it went back and forth all night, ending with an extra long hug that sent me home completely confused.

this isn't the first time it's happened, and I can't tell if he's shy or if he just wants to be friends. I know the best thing to do is relax and see what happens, but because I'm still not tight with anyone in this group, it's hard for me to do, and I'm worried about looking conceited by thinking he's into me when really he was just trying to be nice.

SO- any advice on how to clarify a guy's signals? or what you've done in this kind of situation. thanks blades!

2. i get super shy around girls that i'm genuinely into, pretty much like that dude did...

to clarify, flirt with him! tell him he looks cute, or touch his arm or leg or something. see how he reacts. :confused_2:

3. do you like him?

4. sounds like he is into you.

i say just let what happens happen and if he is diggin you he will let you know.

5. [quote name='"hazyyjane"'] basically it went back and forth all night, ending with an extra long hug that sent me home completely confused.
    [/quote]
    I think he has feelings for you or at least thinks you're cute/sexy/look like you could take a dick
    In general, guys don't hug friends goodbye (at least me and my friends don't).

6. He likes you for sure! Show him you like him too and it will make him more confident to ask you out or something.

It sounds like he already did ask you to have dinner at his place? And you ate privately + a long hug? Of course he likes you!

7. ^yeah, at least so far.

I think I'm still bumming about my good friends leaving and am feeling a little off/insecure because of it. I'm just being a little bitch about it but I was stoned and tired when I wrote this and needed to hear it from someone else... so thaaankss ery'bodyyyy :smoke: