Mixed Light Runts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by billgee, May 10, 2011.

1. Im having a little trouble with my 3 Dinafem Fruits. They broke and germed great then I put them under too much light, too close and though they remain alive, they are frozen in time and all 3 have dropped the cotyledons. Some very experienced growers have told me to wait.

Lets see those pics. A pic is worth a myriad of slow moving words.

My grow tent maintains a steady 95 in the sunlight for 5 or 6 hours a day and 4 plants in it are doing well.

2. I am planning on growing this strain in the future. What light schedule are you using? I cant find anything on the seedbanks site, and was wanting to go 24 hours on all the way until the last month and then switching to 12/12. What were you planning on doing? Gotta love the NYC:) Goodluck!

3. #63 ggerald, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Very nice to know someone else is in a similar position.

Are you using soil? What size pot?

Today I gave her some Epsom salt because she had light yellow splotches. Roots were still gorgeous. PPM beforehand was 249, temps around 87.

I installed one of those ten watt LED bulb-style lights today. It looked alright. Fucking macgyveree it to hell, though.

I'll be on pica asap. Perhaps tomorrow.

4. :hello: Took these yesterday. Forgot to post them. Will take more today.

1. 3 automatic girls in a window. Born 4/1. No cops on the street, at the moment.
    2. Haze - about to give it up. Haze 2 already gone.
    3. Roadrunner Still growing
    4. 2 of the 4 girls in the tent. On 12-12. Myriad Calyxs on all 4
    5. Flash foto for details of Roadrunner.

Ive come to love the automatics. Will get more.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      267.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      247.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      264.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      244.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      247.3 KB
      Views:

5. Thats all folks.

6. Wealth of literature on the internet on light. Consensus these days is that 24-0 is no better than 20-4 only a bit cheaper to give the girls a few hours rest. Makes sense.
    Im on 12-12 now. Except for my precious automatics which have no resist all light schedules and love their place on my NYC windowsill in the sun. Their buds grow fat and are strong.
    I use Attitude for seeds. Their specials are amazing.

7. I got problems.

Germinated 3 seeds on a Paper Towel on July 1. Popped on July2. Planted in Jiffy plugs on July 5. Emerged on July 5. Fast as they were, they never moved again. They have barely moved. They have barely grown. They are barely alive.
    Placed under lights that may have been too strong and too close. Pulled lights out and back.
    May have been overwatered. Now drying out in the Air.

These plants have become the Living Dead.

I will attach pictures. when this system allows it. The system sucks.
    They are not 2 week old plants.
    They are frozen day old plants and I killed them.

8. I had a clone doing the same thing a I ended up rippin it out of the ground. Waiting sucks

9. Show us some pics bill

10. Shits gettin better slowly.
    Once again I fucked up on the germing.

The first pics are the last of my four Automatics before I cut her and smoked her up.
    The 1st 2 were Haze and the dope wasnt all of that good. The 3rd was Roadrunner dope was better, yield an oz. (I think). The last was Roadrunner and the dope was good, yield over an oz.

Im not pullin too many conclusions from this cause they had a troubled youth (hangin with a street crowd, gettin into trouble .. you know the rap) and they vegged for 30 days. The quality difference between the Haze and the RR was large, between RR1 and RR2 was bigger. RR2 was quality dope from an automatic.

The pics are of the dead plants I posted a week ago. I moved them to a widow sill where there was more light and loads of fresh air. I have been giving the seemingly dead plants a lot of love (frequent misting, talking to them, etc.). At least one has started to respond, as you can see. Started with 3 California Fruit seeds. One broke. One has started. The last remains in stasis and needs more love.

Once again the system wont let me post.
    The system is acting funny in a lot of ways. Will post these pics I have soon :smoke:

11. Going to try re-posting. I stopped and rebooted.
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

• DSCN1899.JPG
      DSCN1899.JPG
      File size:
      237.4 KB
      Views:
    • DSCN1904.JPG
      DSCN1904.JPG
      File size:
      233.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      210 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      289.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      205.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      288 KB
      Views:
  12. First two pics looked tasty! Lol

Just keep showing those babies some love. They'll turn around for ya.

Edit: also how are you germing?

13. Up and Running (scared)

To get everybody up to speed this is where I am now.

There are 4 surviving Runts. I gave them an extra few weeks (or months-I cant remember) until they were absolutely bursting. Put them on 12-12. They all flowered within a few days. That was July 4th weekend.

This is today.
    Took them out to check the tent. (oops the zipper is letting in a little light and its amplified all over the place) The pictures show All the girls, 2 White Widows, 1- Blue Widow, 1-Diesel and in between are closeups of their buds - there are hundreds. The Diesel flowers are growing all the way down to the undergrowth.

They were all birthed in the 1st week of April. I think they have lost their runt status.

Attached Files:

14. The system is not working properly. I am subscribed to this thread and used to be notified every time I updated. Not any longer. Which means anyone subscribed does not get notified.

15. These guys have come a long ways. After a 2-3 month vege There are plenty of buds after 4 weeks 12/12

Attached Files:

16. These girls have gone a long, hard road, as we all do. They all were seemingly doing well. The leaves were all a nice dark green, nice tips and edges. Then, 3 of the 4 surviving plants were hit with a calcium deficiency. (The Blue Widow was seemingly not affected at all.) But I think the deficiency came from a lockout because I had a broken Hanna Meter that I sent back. I got an Oakton meter and it rocks. Still, Its my fault for not double checking with chemical indicators and they suffered for it.
    I spent the whole of last week washing them with plain water at the right pH. The newer growth is mostly coming in clean. But it is ugly as you can see.

Pics
    First there is White Widow1 (but it is not fine enough to show the Cal Deficiency) and the second is one of her buds.
    The next 4 pics show their deficiency.
    The final picture shows there are plenty of buds. The girls are down but not out.
    Its a long hard road for us all

Attached Files:

17. A funny thing happened with virtually all four plants. These powdery White Granules appear to be coming out of the buds. They often fall down on the leaf below. But it is obvious they are coming from the bud. I have no idea what they are.

Anybody ever see them before?
    Anyone have any idea what they might be?:smoke:

Attached Files:

18. With time on my hands now that the pH problem and the Great Flood has passed, Ive been examining my leaves more closely. Formerly it was a sea of green leaves then the colors of calcium deficiency appeared and I went into shock. The leaves are variously curled up and down now, and the colors of the green vary especially in the leaves of 2 White Widows and 1 Diesel where the calcium deficiency played pure panic with the leaves. I am slowly removing all the really bad looking leaves each day, though some are obviously necessary to bud development but I feel taking off the bad leaves is necessary so the plant doesnt waste its energies trying fix what it cant.

I have noticed on the Blue Widow (White Widow x Bluebarry via dinafem), the only plant that resisted the deficiency or appears to have resisted it, that the extreme tips of all the biggest leaves brown and weep (curl down) as you can see in the attached picture.

I consider that a function of over heating (which can happen on certain days in NYC during this heat wave ridden summer) (also on mornings where I dont get up on time and the door of the tent stays closed a few minutes or hours too long)

Does anyone else have similar problems. Are those brown tips a symptom of the environment or neglect as I have surmised?

Attached Files:

• tips.jpg
      tips.jpg
      File size:
      537.7 KB
      Views:

19. They're thc crystals man, trichromes.