Mixed led grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Diatt, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Ohhhh I didn't know that.
    Hmmm what is your opinion on net pot spacing?
    I have that 55 gallon tote with 5 net pots 3" away from each other.
    I'm thinking about downsizing and welding me up a 48Lx48Wx24H stainless steel DWC reservoir where I can fit if I do it right 49 plants in 6" net pots side by side with a 3/4"-1" spacing.
    I'm afraid of root entanglement and them fighting for light when it comes to flower time. But if I flower them all at 12" high they should only make it to 2.5-3' in height by harvest.

but idk. I've spotted a lot of the mistakes I've made on my first hydro run. (You can't learn without making a few errors though)

Anyways what do you think about that resevoir set up?

2. I never messed with a bubbler before. And I think it depends on your goal and the way you want to grow. I.e. Scrog vs tree.

I also haven't done dwc. I choose to go with ebb and flow for a few reasons, but with don't go with a metal any thing that holds the nutes. Metal reacts very badly with a lot of nutes out there. You can prob line it with a membrane (donno about food grade ones).

Also remember the stretch. If it's sativa your looking at a 150% increase in growth. So you'll end up with like a 2.5 foot plant ++ and yeah they will fight. But are you going to Scrog?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bro I spent the last few days researching it and that idea is kinda shitty if I'm doing ScrOG (which I am) and the DWC the roots will just entangle each other. So... I just went out and spent like 100 bucks on parts for a multi circulating bubble bucket system. Hey how often do you LST (if you do) and to what extent?
    I need to construct my screen after I finish transplanting the plants to a new system. I just ordered some 4" airstones (1 per bucket) they'll be here tomorrow hopefully.

4. Looking Great with those Led's!

I always found my led crops were more potent than the hps ones have you had the same experience?

5. #45 Diatt, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    This is my real first time doing this most stuff I read from others logs and like this LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy

Mine isn't a true Scrog and I better understand why now. When you let them get big like I did it's a lot more work, you'll see a lot of my stems have stubs on them because there was no room for it. So they like to top the 5th node and start to run it vertically along the net.

Start lst as early as you can. I did let these grow out because I wasn't able to flower, but I always did lst to make branches become easy. If you in veg practice super crop if you haven't done that.
    Hello there :) I was trying to do hps, but won't be possible in summer time so never grown with it yet. But I do always get very tight nugs and with the t8 uvb bulbs it has made them ooze just intense.

I read the same that LED's make pretty buds and they say it makes more potent buds as well. I do love the led as this isn't inside of a house or any thing. So I fight the temps out side.

So I am running with a busted led unit, and it's doing good with the amare. I expect I will see more difference during late flower vs early flower. I was going to go 40 inches and put lenses on (are theses a pain to put on for any one else?) but I did ask the company about this. They told me 22-24 inches for Scrog. Though later I like to test both.

This is week two. Cherry pies under white light with 1 1/2 Thc bomb. Under purple is the Thc bombs.

I did just prune a lot under the net and in the middle of a res change. They drank a ton, but that was the trans nutes to bloom. I will be adding in 75% strength.

Two Week Flower 2x cherry under white light. Rest are THC Bombs.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. This the third week. I have found issues with my grow, ppm was way too high again. I am doing a flush with floreakleen. Then will add nutes back as suggested by some one.

I also had heat stress on the end near dehumidifier. I have flowers growing right over it just fine. But in the corner seems it got too hot, I left fan out and guess ac didn't move air good enough.

Theses plants been through a very rough time no signs of hermie yet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have since these pictures tucked a lot more leaves. I'll show better job on week 4. I also removed some fan leaves for now. I have also hooked up second 440. So it's more or less solar storm 880, with the amare 450. Lot of light :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crop is looking great bro!I had to cull 4 out of 10 plants on the switch, lol 2 were males and 2 were hermies ( topped during first week of flowering )

8. Ouch , you have a log btw?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do bro the link is in my sig!
    When I flipped my first crop, I started 7 new plants as well (afghani bull rider again)
    And since its been 2 weeks, I'm germing 10 more seeds
    7 bull riders and 3 purple creepers I really need to order some more seeds, you know of any good seed banks?

10. Lol lucky you got room for that :) I am about to pop 4 beans my self. 2x green crack and 2x CBD OG. I never heard of yours the purple sounds cool. Do you have to trigger it?

11. Afghani bullrider is like an old school strain (i guess) It's a strong deep indica. I actually got like a quarter pound of it haha!
    And trigger? I'm not familiar with that term sorry :X

12. Ah things you can do to make the plant do things. Some plants like blue dream when it gets 72 or below it will trigger it to change colors.

Day 27

Theses plants can deal with a ton of stress. From cracking stalks, to having extreme high ppms. I had a major heat issue that burnt some of the plants, they are recovering no sigh of hermie. I had lighting issues where the times for the plants are off.

A few other issues I'll write about at the end. All part of dailing in a new new every thing. I had ran them for two days with ro and floreakleen. I cleaned the system out put 25% trio only with cal/mag and bio. My numbers are stable for now will watch for a few days then increase.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. I might be wrong with the cherry bomb. I think it might be a cheese, I am waiting for bank to let me know. Fine either way. This is the 4 week mark on theses. I will end up going 10 weeks I feel.

The cheese?
    image.jpeg

Thc bomb under amare 450
    image.jpeg

Bomb under CLW
    image.jpeg

Under Amare 450
    image.jpeg

Under CLW
    image.jpeg

Full shot
    image.jpeg

They are drinking well, down to around 17 gallons from 27 I think it was the other day. Refilling 8 gallons with 1/4 nutes. I added in kool bloom liquid at 25%. I seen the nutes went up and the ph went down. Not drastic, but it seems like in the end they was ok with it. Ppm is around 760, will try to keep it there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #55 Diatt, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    THC Bomb 5 weeks
    The Cheese 5 weeks.

I have confirmed that I am not growing a cherry pie, it's the cheese.

Right now both are to me going to go at least 10 weeks. Their growth is semi good. This could be due to my own error and issue with the the nutes that I am getting a better control over.

I am doing a res change now plan to cut the GH Gro now and focus on the other nutes. They are both extremely sticky and do have a smell going. They both have a fruity type of smell, but they really do reak of dankness atm.

There is one thing I noticed about the Amare 450. This could be light bleach starting to happen. I do not have this issue under my CLW Led. I will email and ask about it. Lights was sitting 23 inches. I was recommended for 22-26 inches, might of moved too close too soon.

This is on both strains under amare. I notices it on some lower leaves as well.

Amare lighter color leaves:
    image.jpeg

Under:
    image.jpeg

THC Bomb Amare 450 led:
    image.jpeg

THC Bomb CLW 880:
    image.jpeg

The Cheese Amare 450:
    image.jpeg

Amare 450 group picture:
    image.jpeg

CLW 880 group picture:
    image.jpeg

Full shot:
    image.jpeg

Hey nice to see you :)

Attached Files:

15. I got an email from Victor at Amare LED's with a few recommendations I will try to lower the light to 21 inches and give a week see what happens.

More or less the it's an early cal/mag issue from the intense lights. I was locked out of nutes so this was possible. I don't think their colors come back.

Really cool of him to watch over his customers.

Also Bomb seeds said that THC Bomb can turn purple. I been wondering that from their pictures. I will adjust the night cycles to be cooler see if I can trigger it.

16. I have been hav an issue with mag deficiency. I have flushed a few times now but then I had a plant just slat out dieing. It looked like it wasn't watered but I had also been dealing with the deficiency that I thought it was related to this. It was the second plant in a row of three.

So this plant was in the middle of the line. Turns out the first plants roots went all the way out of the bucket and into the line so far that it fully stopped all water from getting to the second and third pots.

Not sure how the third live, my guess is water was trapped in there. I only noticed this when I was trying to check the roots, I couldn't get the pots apart. I decided to fill them and then try. But noticed all three plants was very light while the other row was extremely heavy.

System is being flushed I used tap water this time with floreakleen. I have them being flooded every hour for 5-6 hrs to break down any salts. I will do a good cleaning and run pure RO water for a day while providing folier sprays. Hope it works.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

17. I am a little past 10 weeks. I decided to try some thing and it prob won't do any thing but it did peak my interest. Shock riping. Theory is you give it ice water and three days darkness. Supposed to act like winter is really coming.

Lots said it won't work ect ect, but it has a decent thought process behind it. And I am in my dark time now. I have added ro water with floreakleen past 8 days. I added 100lb ice to my tank today. Will prob add another 100lb tomorrow.

I took a few more pictures will add later. Didn't have a perfect grow the time but got good frost. I'll add the end result after I am done I case any one is interested

image.jpeg

18. Added 150lb ice. It registers 40 degrees on meter, don't know if it goes lower then that. But it's only 15 gallons water with 150lb of ice. Using 10lb bags.

Will add ice one more time.

19. Added another 100lb of ice. 55 drum is 100% full. Reads 37 degrees. Tomorrow is chop day. Been about 4 days darkness with ice water.