Mitsubishi Evolutions/Subaru WRXs

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by iPwnF00lz, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Wow nice to see a lot of tuners in here! Search my Subaru Owners thread, there's pics of my car. 04 WRX STi. Made 332whp and 399wtq on E85 at Epic Motorsports mustang dyno.

2. my girl lola =]
    [​IMG]

3. Holly thread resurrection batman.:eek:
    [​IMG]

4. #64 STilladelph, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Only car I've ever seen with the seibon reverse scoop that looks good.

What are your wheel specs?

5. It's not a scoop. The lip in front creates a low pressure area above the vent which evacuates the heat from the heat exchangers.

And it's definately better than having the IC on top of the motor.

Evo's are a better car, I just built a wrx with forged bottom end, ball bearing turbo, sti trans, and a bunch of supporting mods and it made 50whp less than my boss's evo that just has cams, intake and exhaust.

6. rally?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/thread

7. its the arc reverse scoop not seibon
    17x8.5 +45 with a 15 mil spacer in the back

8. #68 STilladelph, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can't really say 1 car is better because it made 50whp more than another car...yeah they both have a 2.0 displacemen, but if you know much about these cars you know the 4g63 is a much stronger motor than the EJ207, or whatever suby engine you went with. If you'd have done a hybrid build on the suby it probably would have made more power, but also keep in mind, the WRX has many less features than the STi/Evo, you don't have AVCS, smaller cams, etc, so the evo is going to of course have much more top end.

If you were to compare a built STi vs Evo that's one thing but the WRX can't really compare to the Evo

9. my dream is a 500whp daily driver sti....it will be done

10. May not be a WRX but it's a OG Turbo legacy.

[​IMG]

Shitty pic

11. [quote name='"0oHAZEo0"']my dream is a 500whp daily driver sti....it will be done[/quote]

Trust me, if you have an end to your wallet, you don't want a DD 500whp STi...that's why most people with a build like that have a second car haha

12. #72 1992xr2, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    I'll be more clear: Almost stock evo > built wrx. Even comparing to the sti, the evo has better turbo, a significantly stronger motor and trans.

What makes you think it had stock cams?

Not to mention everything on the evo is about 10x easier to work on.
    Ever change a headgasket on a wrx/sti with headstuds? /thread

13. I'm not denying the fact that the Evo is an amazing car, Im more of a Subaru guy myself owning an STi an all, but like I said, Subaru released the STi with the intentions of making it the competitor to the evo, not so much the wrx. For you to get a wrx to even the same #'s as an STi with a few parts would require much more engine work etc.

As far as maintenance and building goes you're 100% right. I'll probably just take it to a shop to have a head gasket replaced...I'm full capable of doing it but the hell if I want to haha. I can have a 7 bolt 4g63 head gasket on in damn 45 min lol

14. going to be my first car :)
    don't sweat, im paying for it. :p

Attached Files:

15. D's Bugeye
    [​IMG]
    My Sti
    [​IMG]
    Winter mode. Blizzaks = Fun
    [​IMG]
    Cepa's Sti, Gary's Sti
    [​IMG]
    John's Forester XT
    [​IMG]
    My college roomate's Forester XT
    [​IMG]
    And some Mitsu Love, Jesses' Evo X
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine + good friends in the area.

16. Incredible looking rides... you guys are riding clean over there in jersey... Everyone rides in subaru's here in Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]Just a few sti's haha.

i needa get my jetta on the road. mk2+vr6 swap (chipped, exhaust, intake/filter, cut springs haha)= lil beast. :) (too bad i need new timing chains)
    [​IMG]