mites....grrrr

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by taureauchien, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ok i've used mite soap, insecticides, mite-rid, neem oil.
    they thank me for the shower.
    they pulled out the fookin' lawn chairs and laid out by the pool i created after spraying them.
    ONE EVEN OFFERED ME A TIP!

ok exageration, but still they arent dying at all.
    the mite-rid was a joke.
    i did the first spray at prescribed dose.....nothing.
    a week later i double dosed the spray and i watched them crawl around the
    wet infested webs, next week they were still there....like it never happened.

anyone know something better?
    how about a mite fogger? (is there such thing?)
    i thought about the lady bugs, but i figured the plants have been sprayed so much this month, it will probably kill the lady bugs

i've searched here looking and the mite-rid was a very promising find, unfortunately
    my mites need kryptonite.

oh and i also tried those traps from home depot :rolleyes:

2. I've been mite free since last June by using a HOT SHOT NO PEST STRIP. The sell them at Lowes or Home Depot for about 6 bucks. You hang them in your grow space and they emit a vapor for up to 4 months. They're effective during the flowering cycle also, and don't cause any kind of taste issue. Use the search function here for more happy strip users. They truly do the job.

3. i tried it.
    when i had 6 young plants (starting their 3rd node)
    i saw a couple on a plant and went to home depot and got one.
    well here i am a few months later with more plants and an infestation.
    nothing works.

i did just take the 2 worst and hung them upside down in the pool :devious:
    that killed them....probably the plants too but atleast those mites are gone:eek:

i was reading up on the foggers and i'm tempted to try it.
    even if i cant use this batch of flowers, atleast i can put them back into veg clean from mites.

(note: the pool had no chlorine in it. its due for its chemicals but i havent added them yet. so its just water drowning the bastards)

4. bump on the foggers....anyone? :confused:

oh and the plants survived the dunking :hello:
    they look much happier not being consumed in webs.
    the mites look like they drowned, but i dont want to dunk every plant.
    2 survived but not wanting to press my luck

5. [​IMG]
    HeMadeMeDoIt

Re: {help} spider mites in 12/12
    My last crop had a major infestation and I ended up sing Scott's Ecosense and it worked really well. Make sure you spray twice 3 days apart as they have a 3 day life cycle and the spray doesnt kill the eggs.
    Just to make the record clear; THIS IS JUST A FANTASY of mine. I have not, do not and will not participate in this hobby UNTIL ITS LEGAL. In the meantime I will spew whatever mindless bullshit crosses this dead brain of mine. I'm just a bullshitter trying to hang with the cool crowd.

6. Einstein oil them from the time they are little girls

7. what is einstein oil?

:D and noone say smart lube!

8. Do you live near a nuclear reactor that is leaking? you must have supermites. the diabolical little bastards!!! or their cousins are coming from another plant in another part of house to visit - see empty lawn furnature and move in to the new salad bar. good luck.

grins and smiles :)

9. End-all from safers is good just dont burn tham

10. Dr. Doom foggers and all foggers for mites and such work, look for the active ingredient called pyrethriens or something like that. Should have a percentage. I had a killer problem on my last sour D, the little fuckers where there till harvest. I was just fighting them the whole time. I used sprays too. All in all if you are near a garage type environment (warm and dry) mites will always come as its their favorable condition (warm and dry). I have had no problem since i sterilized everything and moved completely indoors (outa the garage). I havent even sprayed anything so far. Just a bit or two...

11. when u used doktor doom do u turn all the fans off and how long do u keep it in for.how offten do u uses it.can u use it intell harvest?is there anything i can to 2 weeks befor harvest to kill theys assholes?thanks:smoking:

12. is dr. doom foggers something you get at home depot?
    or at a hydro store?

13. #13 Chunk, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    DR. Dooms active ingredient is pyrethrins, and you will find many different types at HD or Lowes that have the same active ingredient. You usually have to get Doktor Doom at a hydro store.

14. alrighty thanks a bunch!
    i'm off to get it and try it :wave:

15. i was about to buy some and i remembered a question i thought i should ask first.
    (cant ask this at the store ;))
    my girls are close to harvest.....to late to spray them?
    they are about 2 weeks away from being chopped and dried

16. Neem oil is one of those things you have to do numerous times, we do it everytime we water. it keeps them down but wont kill them for sure. its cuz mites reproduce every 3 days, so evolution of them believe it or not makes them less effected by it.

Were soon to try predator mites.

17. i've been doing neem oil as well.
    its not helping much.
    i got some dr doom foggers, i'm wondering if its ok to spray now when i plan to harvest
    a portion of my grow room in a couple weeks.
    if it was the entire crop, i'd just deal with it and neem them til the end.
    and then put the foggers off in the empty room and start over.
    unfortunately i dont have that option.
    there will still be a few dozen plants in there after this harvest.
    all have nice flowers on them but i dont want to kill them....or anybody smoking them in the near future.
    so will this fogger be bad or will it be recovered by harvest?

18. i used doktor doom fogger 2 weeks befor harvest and everthing tasted good.just turn off all your fans for 1 hour not 2 like it said on the back than turn back on to get that shit out of your room.good luck its not the best stuff but it help a lil bit. END ALL BY SAFERS IS REAYY GOOD BUT ONLY USE ITINTELL 2 WEEKS IN 12/12.