Mites Are The Scourge

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jackedinpdx, May 29, 2014.

1. So I have been battling for about 2 weeks with a battalion of mites. So far I have attacked with a mixture of 1 teaspoon of dog shampoo to a gallon of water with a small amount of bloom hormone to soften the blow. Had to defoliate approx 50% of plants to remove as many as possible. First grow, PISSED OFF...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. BTW the dog shampoo contains neem oil

3. Best thing that ever worked for me was this....

Get a small coke bottle and cut it in half, keep the half you screw the cap on but you wont be needing the cap. Now get the hose attachment for your hoover and put it in the half coke bottle so when you turn the hoover on you can feel the suction from the cap end of the bottle. Now hoover the little bastards up, you will have enough suction to hoover the mites but wont damage your plants

4. Use full force Neem Oil, but is still the best defense, what you got for the Offense 

5. After spraying them vigorously with the dog shampoo it seems they are a lot greener and vibrant.

6. I have noticed small soft black droppings??? I think they are egg sacks for the fuckers so smash and remove on site. I only have 6 plants so does not take too long to check every so often.