"Mite Destroyer" Ladybeetles?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Maryed Man, Aug 21, 2012.

1. I've recently been looking at predators for mite control, in place of spraying my buds with chemicals which mites eventually come to resist anyways. Currently I have a small infestation a week before harvest, minimal really so it's not a problem, just going to spray some azamax on it and hope for the best results I can get within a week, but for future problems I've been considering getting Ladybeetles, nicknamed the "Mite Destroyer". Don't confuse this with regular ladybugs, these are an all black version bred and sold for the purpose of killing mites. I've heard recommendation of predatory mites but these have the advantage of being able to fly, and move place to place faster. Has anyone had any experience with these, or have any knowledge about them? They seem like a useful approach to the problem.

2. I know of a couple of guys that have used creature controllers in the past ..best used as a preventive measure, defender, rather than an all out assaulter.

peace
    "V"

3. Good idea, I was thinking of introducing them when they went into flowering the next time I grow.

4. I was recently told that using them as a preventative measure wouldn't really be helpful because they'll die off quickly. Anybody know whether or not this is true and if there's a certain food I should be giving them in the absence of mites?

5. Well they are predatory so they will need insects as far as I know

6. Like all good bugs they should eat each other, better to have a hungry soldier than a full sleepy one....lol

peace
    "V"

7. I have never had any luck with ladybugs sticking around long enough to be effective.