MIT OpenCourseWare

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Dissec, Dec 10, 2011.

1. I should just skip my UM classes and do this lol.

Have you found that you're benefiting from listening along at all? I guess doing it as opposed to nothing is automatically good for you

2. I had a road trip and listened to about half of a yale financial markets course. Yah it was beneficial, I got ideas of stuff to read and a better understanding on the topics. I like the MP3 courses vs the video ones, Its better than listening to junk. :p

3. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free

Whats up?[/quote]

Dude you posted this like a year ago and I really put it to good use for a while. Thanks for that.

[quote name='"IceCreamKidd"']

I had a road trip and listened to about half of a yale financial markets course. Yah it was beneficial, I got ideas of stuff to read and a better understanding on the topics. I like the MP3 courses vs the video ones, Its better than listening to junk. :p[/quote]

That's what I was thinking! I already choose to listen to Podcasts over the radio/music while I work out or drive long distances. Might as well just start learning things on my free time!

4. Yep I've noticed benefits to just listening. With the more complex lessons I'd rather watch and take notes, but lets say I need a review of something basic with computer science, I could just listen to that. If I'm going to listen to a series of artificial intelligent lectures, and then plan to implement them later that day, I'll be watching, taking notes, and writing psuedo code.

@mushroom: Cool, thanks. I'd rep you for the link, but I already have.

5. hts is also good for programming but what you do with all the things you can learn on there is on you.
    Hack This Site!

6. Im still stuck on the first few levels :(

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/

A similar site

7. What level are you on? I got through all of the basics and a few others like 2 years ago, might be able to help/point you in the right direction if you'd like? (Same with anyone else here)

8. i'll check that new one out and the im on the encryption level

9. im stuck on ecryptions

10. Like 6? Both on hts and hellbound. Im not worrying about it for a while till I actually learn it first

11. I was always more interested in Smash The Stack, they have actual wargames and more realistic hacking. Not to say HtS isn't realistic, but its mostly web apps where StS is more advanced hacking.

12. #15 hundredwatt, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011