Misting with pump sprayer during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toastmasta, Apr 28, 2013.

1. I know the concensus is that it will promote mold, but does anyone spray with a fine mist to deter spider mites or mealy bugs?

Had an issue with them during the veg stage. I used numerous applications of neem oil/organic soap and finally mighty wash. It seemed to have eliminated them, but I am just paranoid they will come back. I'm 2 weeks into flowering. I live in an area with higher RH, so this is a concern as well. I've only misted so far during the day, in a well ventilated area. I've also seen mealy bugs on some of my succulent plants, and am concerned they will find a way onto my baby as well.

Any veteran growers have any advice on this subject?

2. I don't spray anything on my plants except a watered down version of bloom and grow. And also water. Foliar feeding is a blessing to these plants in my opinion. But i never ever spray anything on them after week two or you could potentially invite mold.

3. If u feed your roots well enough there should be no need to use foliar sprays. I've only met less than a handful of experienced growers who use it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Should have specified; I'm talking about misting them with plain water. To prevent a warm/dry environment which mites/mealy bugs tend to thrive in.

Using a very fine mist on a pump sprayer so the water will evaporate quickly and not knock off any trichromes forming. Not drenching the plant by any means. If I have good air circulation, will this be feasible?

5. Yup, just make sure u try to miss the buds cus if u get water inside the bud its gonna get bud-rot. If you do use chemicals just make sure they are water based like that mighty wash stuff u said earlier.
    O yea and after ur done keep the fans going on them till its dry then put the lights back on.

6. Thanks Frost...guessing the 415 is SF? Where I'm at, so yeah, you can hopefully relate.

7. Yup, we are in the same neck of the woods. Hope is green and smelly where u stay too.

8. #8 MrTea, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    This is exactly what I am doing check out my link in my signature. I have 4 misting nozzles setup.

Check this out in 1080p HD. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFwASVDR0o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFwASVDR0o[/ame]

I have it running on 15 on 45 off every hour. PLants love the humidity, the fine mist helps keep them cool, and I have a fan circulating a lot of air so it evaporates really quickly.

9. I would only recommend this in the seedling/veg stage unless that's what he was talking about.

10. Obvs. Don't wanna welcome that mold to my flowers!

11. Just clearing things up for op cause he's flowering right now :p. we're on the same page

12. Thanks for the input. The sprayer I use has a rotatable nozzle, so I usually just mist upwards (where the mites would have been hanging out:wave:)

I will stick to the lower parts of the plant if anything, but at this point probably won't do it much anymore.

Heres a pic of my baby; just in case anyone is curious. I'm thinking of starting a grow thread with the pics I have from clone to flower.

Attached Files:

so what do you outdoor growers do about rain when you have buds on the plants?

Exactly right, as long as you have good air circulation water on buds is a natural and normal thing and will cause no harm. Just dont do it in a stale hot enviroment.

15. I usually stop misting around week 3 or 4. But I have misted all the way through, just make sure you have good ventilation and air circulation. The transpiration of moisture the plants do naturally is enough moisture for mold and bud rot. This is why we keep good ventilating. These plants transpire more than a 30 foot redwood. I also prefer to mist with the lights on as it helps with the evaporation. As long as you don't let the water bead up you are good. Canola and olive oil are good to add to your misting solution to help with the beading. You can use dish soap as well, but I prefer using natural ingredients in my foliar spray.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app