mistergreens first ever grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mistergreen, May 31, 2009.

1. #101 mistergreen, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009

hi mate i have a couple of thoughts for you to concider i don t no if it revelent to both our strains so you will have to go with your own judgement ok.........ive just transplanted from 5 liter ie 1 gallon pots i would not say they where root bound as such a little but not enough to hurt them i think they could of quite easily gone another 2 weeks in those pots i only transplanted because of going into flower remember these are tall plants already and i only have 5 foot of headroom ok.......rule of thumb which everyone round here seems to agree mostly is............ Plan on having one gallon per foot of plant. To be safe, I would multiply the height they are now by 3, so you can get the ending height estimate. ..................ok i was private messaged that by a very experienced grower and kinda agreed but to watch my plants go 26 inches in 1 gallon pots just blew it away.........so if i sum up i think your more than ok pot size espicially for the size of the plant my gut feelin tells me you could go another 2 weeks and still have plenty of space in the pot all that said and done... the poster you read was it the same strain ? if it was then id go down the same road the poster you read and get some valuable tips along the way if not...then you could concider wots right for you and your plant....i hope i haven t confused you to much but you freightened me to death going from the end of the month to the weekend to flower lol just gather your thoughts and im sure you will be fine

2. #102 mistergreen, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    hi people ok ive made a few adjustments to my grow room so that first ive brought in another 400 watt sodium light i have 8 plants now as i had a hermie ive also got 2 not showing either way but definintly 5 healthy female and if you guys remember the plant that suffered the fungi she is showing the first signs of being female althou if this plant makes it to the end it will be a miricle ill try an get a pic on next update....ive been out and bought bio bizz organic top max today wow £18 for a bottle ouch but it goes hand in hand with the grow and bloom so we will see wot happens also my hydro shop guy said don t follow wots on the bottle and gave me a chart so when i start using next week at full chart strength ill give you an update he is telling me its very hard to burn plants that have been fully grown organic so we will see ok a couple of pics .....be lucky mistergreen :D...ps guys id love to hear your opinions good or bad or surgestions wud be appreciated

3. #104 mmmmick, Jul 15, 2009

lol I'm sorta looking for reasons to get buddin'. I'm torn. Slightly impatient to see if the UFO is effective, but on the other hand there's so much fresh growth low on the stems and I want to see how they fill out. Maybe I need to get married again so I'll know what to think.....:eek:
    Sounds as though I should probably have lots of room for roots if you had no root issues in 1 gallon pots. My smallest is 2 1/2 gallon and the plants are only 10 inch. Can always get a couple of bigger pots if needed.

Other poster was a different strain and I guess I really should consider the difference in lighting as well. UFO might just be a slower grow.

RESET.....heheh next time I'll do the conscious thought thing before the bowl.

Going back to my original plan, month end if they look like they're ready.

thanks again. and no confusion, you make your point clear. Appreciate the info and ideas.

4. lookin real healthy there mistergreen. Shame about the males but I guess one takes what one gets.
    GL

5. I have to chuckle every time i look at the twisted mass of stems growing in my pots. My son tells me he's seen afi's that were stumpy and growing at wierd angles like mine, and the bud was not too impressive to look at but I smoked some of it a couple of years ago with him and it was a very heavy stone. Something to strive for.

They look shorter than actual due to camera angle.

Attached Files:

6. :D
    hi mate check this grow out for the light situation i have posted here for you so keep an eye open either here or http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/424831-my-led-ufo-grow-2.html#post5109622on his post hey i know the feeling to well itching to get em into flower lol be lucky mistergreen:D

7. Thanks mistergreen, I dropped a post over there. More pertinent I guess since lighting is similar to mine. I'm so new to this I'm sure I can learn something from almost everyone here.

I watched (again) a video called "I Grow Chronic" last night. The guy that did the vid called himself Mr green. Had green skin and a purple overall. just wondering if he was inspiration for your username. Very informative from building a grow op to bud.

8. lol was it on utube and did he almost talk in a whisper and build his grow room in his basement if so yes he was my insperation for the name lol :Dlegendado lol

9. #110 mmmmick, Jul 15, 2009

heheh I dl'd it a couple of years ago but it sounds like the same guy. Very inspiring, even if he did do a hydro grow, not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. hi and thanks to all thats posted ok had a good and long think and decided that as my plants are so tall i had to supercrop them remember i only have 5 feet of headroom so i took a deep breath and proceeded i squished the stems lightly (basically making the stem weak so as not to snap the stem where i want to bend them) then slowly bent them over i managed to get 2 foot of headroom back which i needed yipeee i did this last night 16 july just at the end of their 12 hour cycle .........switched lights back on this morning and whithin a couple of hours most of the new growth had turned to the light ....so i think ive supercropped sucessfully but only time will tell i will post pics on me actually bending one incase anybody out there wud like to try supercropping and havn t done it before remember thou this is my first attempt myself so it is not proven yet .....i also gave them nutes this morning to help them recover from there ordeal ive given them 1ml per ltr of water GROW 2ml per ltr water BLOOM and 1ml per ltr water TOPMAX so we will see how they get on over the next few days remember thou im growing and feeding everything organic my plants have had no chemicals at all i do realize the nutes where a little aggresive but i think these ladies can handle it........be lucky mistergreen :D

11. in these next few pics if you look closly you can see all the new groth turning upwards for the light hopefully these will for more bud sites js640_DSC02512.jpg

js640_DSC02513.jpg

js640_DSC02514.jpg

js640_DSC02535.jpg

js640_DSC02538.jpg

12. thats it for now any questions suggestions or opinions good or bad lets hear em :D be lucky mistergreen :D

13. Scary but looks like they didn't take it too hard. Ought to thicken the growth up. Ive never heard of doing that, interesting.

I did a little LST with one of mine. The smaller one had triple stems so I spread them on blooming Indica's advice. Lots more light getting to those buried leaves.

continued good luck mistergreen

14. scary is the right word my first ever grow and snaping plants wow.........i think you gotta go with your gut instinct sometimes i did not wanna chop my lovely ladies down but hey enough readin and understandin any thing seems to go here on this site its a wealth of knowledge keep on readin is wot i say :D

15. Way to super crop - I hear that that's a brilliant solution to your issue! Good luck!

16. :D
    yea finally some one agrees i was kinda thinkin everyone was flabergasted wot i done really dramatic etc nice to hear you know where im comin from cheers mate :D

17. Ch'yeah! I JUST saw a video on this very subject! From what I am told, it is a tried and true old school method!

18. #120 mmmmick, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009

I agree, great site and lots of very helpful people not to mention loads of archived info from real growers. Seems no matter what sorta grow question or problem there's somebody here who has worked out a fix.

How are things looking after a day on the bend? All happy I hope.