mistergreens first ever grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mistergreen, May 31, 2009.

1. Congrats ...... its a girl....:D

2. Well the strain is supposedly afghani, and I think they are both female but I'm curious to know if afi grows asymmetrically like these. Branches in all different directions. Maybe it's because they got a rough start.
    When I pulled the clones out of the original containers they only had 1/2 inch of pro mix and some kinda yard mud with sticks and crap in it. Roots weren't going anywhere. Plus they went into daylight for a couple of days after being on 24. I think he was about to put them out for the summer. I put them back on 24/0 and they looked pretty rough after transplanting, but perked up after a few days. For now I just want to keep em healthy. Was gonna top the main stems but they are growing at such wierd angles I'm not sure I can only cut the new growth. i think I may just let them do their thing uninterrupted and next grow I'll play with them a little.
    Might be a little small, both around 8 to 9 inches but seem to have plenty of growth nodes on the stems. I believe they were started around june 1st. I've had them around 3 weeks.

It would be great if they survive and leave me with some nice buds but I'm mainly concerned with how the UFO 90w performs, since I don't know for sure if these ladies are actually afghani or not.

Ranbling on , lol. sorry to take up space in your thread and thanks for any info or help. Much appreciated.

3. Congrats on the girl(s) and thanks for the clarification on the ruck fan - I'll be checking those out!

4. hehheh thanks budslinger, I give all the credit to their mother. :smoke:

5. Your feeding schedule seems a bit aggressive. With feeding, it's ALWAYS best to underfeed, and with soil you really run a greater chance of overfeeding. I've read some people who recommended a 5% concentration from what is on the bottle! But I'm sure that was a different nutrient, as well.

Think of it like this: if you put water into the plant's container, a certain amount will stay behind around the roots. As this water is absorbed by the plant, the nutrient content of the water remaining will increase, which can result in material around the roots that is too intense for the plants. So, maybe try feeding, then waiting at least a week. If you ever see burning, immediately run lots of water through the roots.

Sorry if you know all this, as you probably do!

Anyway, keep it simple and low-nutrient. Your plant will do better with too little nutrients (will grow a little slower and easy to fix) than with too much (burned leaves or even... DEATH!!!).

It's so cool to see how much different your plants are than mine! I started mine on the same day as yours in a DWC indoor closet system. My strain is Psicodelicia from Sweet Seeds, a mostly sativa strain. I'm using LST on mine.

How tall would you say yours are? While its not really comparable to an LST, I think it could give me a perspective on the growth of my own.

Isn't this just the COOLEST SHIT IN THE WORLD growing your own?!?!:hello:

Peace man, thanks for saying hi!

6. hi people before i get to who said wot im gonna post coz im a little worried wot is going on with my plants please someone tell me ive nothing to worrie about ......my plants have a ball at each node up to about node 5 or 6 sometimes with one hair but not two
    then after this i have a ball with two hairs my question is wot the fuck do i have here which do i take the higher the plant for sexing or lower the plant for sexing higher i go more like two hairs from the ball wish id done more readin just aint had time 7 kids a wife and 2 rhodesian ridgeback dogs its kinda hectic round here to get five minutes to read :( ok ill post some pics thanks very much indeed in advance if someone can help me out

7. #87 mistergreen, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    balls.JPG

balls 1.JPG

balls 3.JPG

[at[I[/I]tach]240890[/attach] all these pics are from same plant wots goin on ???????

Attached Files:

8. #88 mistergreen, Jul 12, 2009
    thanks BUDSLINGER for confiming for mmmmick :D

9. #89 mistergreen, Jul 12, 2009

hi mate hey your wellcome to take space on my thread feel free no worries ...ok i think they have had a bad start , i can t say wot that strain grows like to be honest they do look like bushy little fookers thou....i don t know about the lights your using either but if you know about them perhaps try and get them to stretch a little if you can......as for topping i think your right to leave them this time round as they are so bushy i think if you top them and they get bushier the light will struggle to penertrate lower growth....again dunno about ufo etc so can t help you out there sorry....and hey you ramble on as much as you like hehe.....on the whole you have transplanted them giving them chance to spread root and once roots spread may give you more height and you have given them fresh grow medium which will give them more feed to grow .....i don t think you can do much more to be honest so sit back and relax and watch your ladies mature any worries concerns etc just post.....be lucky mistergreen PS sorry i forgot to mention for some reason i don t believe in the 24/0 cycle 18/6 for me give em time to rest as they would realy at night if they were outside as mother nature intended just my opinion thou and i know loads out there do 24/0

10. hi mate good to hear from yea and thanks for the info think ill take your advice and back off a little with the nutes......ok my plants range from 24 inches to 30 inches im on day 40 of them popping there heads out of the soil hope this help ...now i want to know how tall yours are lol cheers mate.......be lucky mistergreen :D ps yea mate cool as foook growing your own weed

11. :D
    no probs mate if you do get one and need advice on insulating it etc drop me a post be lucky mistergreen :D

12. The Pics above look like a pollen sac (a male) but im a noob to sexing so im sure its a girl as someone said previously :), anyways grow is going good so far, how long has it been going for and do you know what strain it is, you may have said in OP but i cant remember ? :smoke:

13. Hi misterg thanks for making me feel welcome. From what I've been reading the afi strain is kinda stumpy. 50 cm is normal so I guess they will be short and bushy, no topping needed probably.

I agree with you re 24/0 as opposed to 18/6. If I had gotten them before they went outside for a couple of days I would have just gone 18/6 until ready for 12/12. Since they had 2 days of req daylight I didn't know if 18/6 would be enough to ensure vegging or if it might casue them to start to bud.
    Now that I've had them on 24/0 for a few weeks do you think I could go 18/6 without screwing them up? I'd prefer they get some rest every day but don't want to subject them to too many different light cycles. They are looking pretty healthy right now and I'd hate to screw them up.

Wish I could offer an opinion on your latest pics but I'm sure there are some pro's here that know what you have there. Good luck and here's hoping they are all healthy fems.

14. hey man the pics i saw look like a female, but take close ups of the ones you have questions on and ill try to stop back by

again ill be gone for a while until my internet/move is back up until then i dont like logging onto the site on other peoples computers... its kinda like a secret lifestyle for me. but many out there have the same good knowledge i can share with you, budslinger, myles etc... these guys wont lead you stray ;)

15. hi retard 41 days since the ladies popped there heads out of the soil and the strain is white russian they are a cross of ak47 and white widow they are supposed to have a very high thc content i got them from serious seeds 10 for £60 thanks for posting.........be lucky mistergreen :D

16. hmm i don t really know if putting them in 18/6 will hurt em after the light cycles they have had......but when i went from 18/6 to 12/12 i messed the 12/12 up badly i forgot to switch the light off and they where under for 36 hours none stop bearing in mind i had taken 2 clones only days before and topped em so my ladies took a battering but on the whole i can t see that it harmed them...........ive read that a lot of people give them 24 hours dark then change the light cycle........but as you have already said there healthy now so pehaps don t try to fix it if it ain t broken springs to mind hope this helps :D

17. hi mate thanks for posting and thanks for the confirmation on the lady front i don t have an querries on the rest of my plants as they were all showing the same signs so out of 10 seeds i have 9 confirmed as ladies and 1 not showing "didn t i do well !" lol...........good luck on your move and thanks for dropping a few names for me to ask questions althou i think every thing is going well at the moment im going to back down on the nutes a little so hopefully these ladies should be home free fingers crossed :D........be lucky mistergreen :D

18. Yeah it's all those wierd cycles. Pretty forgiving plant to thrive after all the unnatural stuff we put them through. I think I'm gonna let mine stay on 24 this time around, speaking of unnatural. :)
    Took one clone late last week from the larger plant. Looks like it's doing ok after a couple dark days. It's going under the flourescents as mum, 18/6.

I'm very curious about the UFO for budding so I may start 12/12 at month end rather than drag the veg state out longer. Tempted to start sooner, heheh.

Thanks for the info

19. hi mate june 1st if thats how old your plants are they are 1 day older than mine if u leave them till the end of the month they will of vegged 9 weeks right? this seems a long time to me althou it doesn t matter how long you keep em in veg the plants will be fine wots your thinking in waiting? espicially when your tempted to flower sooner than later........or let me reword wot do u want the plant to do while in veg? that they can t do in flower?....im curious now :D

20. #100 mmmmick, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009

Hi misterg, I think they were started around june 1st. I was thinking month end due to their slow start in crappy soil before I got them and put them into some decent sized pots and soil. They have so much growth starting low on the main stem that I wanted to see if they would fill out before I changed cycles. I have pretty much constant back pain and thats kept me from building a truly dark home for them in my basement. So I figured a couple more weeks and I'd be satisfied with the veg and probably have finished their home. If I get their home finished sooner they'll go 12/12 sooner.

After a bowl and a little concious thought/reading, I believe I'll go 12/12 this weekend. Another thread poster was complaining about being root-bound and I am only using 2 1/2 and 3 gallon pots. I'd rather use root space for bud than veg, and I do want to see what the UFO will do.

Thanks misterg, you probably saved me from a stunted yield.