Mistakes YOU Made

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by burped, May 15, 2011.

1. Yes they can. And have.

Give them false trails to follow and misinformation regarding particulars

2. [quote name='"Ccoastal"']Yes they can. And have.

Give them false trails to follow and misinformation regarding particulars[/quote]

My name is bob I'm from Helsinki and I'm currently growing a room full of tomato plants, or do I mean John from katmandu growing a field of sunflowers....

That's my ass covered lol

3. Over-Feeding
    Over-Watering
    Vegging too long
    temperature control being the biggest bitch of em all

4. Trying to do a session of bushmaster too late into flowering.
    Overfeeding.
    Underwatering

5. Over feeding, stretching, too much trimming at times

6. -Using a mirror
    -Securing the said mirror above a cfl.. with tape.
    (Luckily, when it fell nothing was damaged)

7. Bumpmvvvvv

8. Having too high expectations of myself (even though things are going incredibly well with only a few minor problems) and getting tricomes all over the end of my 40X scope. Sticky! :smoke:

As far as what I did right (so far it seems): Read and researched everything I could get my hands on. Got the advice of seasoned growers. Stayed consistent (i.e., if you tend to over/under water don't change things up midstream and confuse your plants. Do it right next time). Didn't skimp on equipment, lighting and ventilation in particular. Didn't go crazy with nutes. Got and stayed a LEGAL grower :)D)

9. Still on first grow but i will never bring outside plants into my tent. Earwigs, potato bugs and a colony of ants now inhabit my sacred space:'(

10. When seeing something go wrong and panic watering/feeding. Your plants will fall victim to your own paranoia.

11. Using to small of pots.
    Not vegging.

12. Way too much fertilizer (hermied on me)
    Flowered in a folgers coffee container
    Used 6 month slow release miracle grow
    Burned tops of plants with CFL (Happens every grow)
    Light Leaks,
    Burned two plants with heater.

Thats way too god damn many mistakes..

13. remember that the point of this thread is to help people learn from their mistakes. Vox if you keep burning the tops of the plants with your CFLs you might want to look at some sort of plastic refractor material to place between the lamps and plants to keep them from growing into the lamps. i had this same problem and adding a refractor in the box not only solved the problem but also gives a little better light distribution through refraction. as far as flowering in too small of a pot, dont count that as a mistake, as i have seen grows on here done in 3 fluid ounce containers, from start to finish..

14. Doesnt that plastic you speak of lower the amount of lumens that hits the plant though?

Also, all is well now. Going organic and flowering in 3 and 5 gallon containers.

Have a link to that refraction device your talking about, or what its officially called/ made of?

15. i did not notice any difference in the amount of light available to plants, or growth rate. as far as a link to the material i am talking about, i cannot seem to find one. but it is the clear polycarbonate material that you would see in 2'x4' Fluorescent fixtures in almost any commercial building in this country. i am an electrician by trade so i have fairly easy access to materials of the sort.

16. #78 Totara, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    Really and you know this how?

Mistakes I've made, to name a few...... This list ain't gonna stop growing. ;)

-Lights too close
    -Temps too high
    -Over feeding with P/K and base nutrients
    - Wasting time and money with all these unproven additives.
    - Smoking too much while growing, which leads too ridiculous amounts of paranoid and getting lazy.
    - Handling the plants to much
    - Going in during dark hours.
    - Using a cheap and nasty PH meter
    - Growing when my GF is unhappy about the situation.
    - Not finding a better suited place to grow.

etc etc. :D

17. What was wrong with going in during the dark hours? Did they hermie on you?

18. It can potentially let light into the grow room, obviously. This breaks the dark cycle and can potentially confuse the plants and cause them to retard flowering, and in a worst case scenario send the plant back into vegging. :rolleyes: