Mistakes YOU Made

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by burped, May 15, 2011.

1. Oh wait I forgot one...

Duct taping just about anything to the wall - Glue melts with heat.

2. #22 Ayron, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I forgot about this, I use it on my light fixture lol

3. Ha, for real on that. :smoke:

Nice thread :)

So far, about 20 days into my first go at this, I have learned the first mistake I made. I'll just come back and edit my response with added entries as I fuck up new and more exciting things :D

My list:
    I didn't properly appreciate the importance of good medium preparation.

4. Fuck Up: Burned everything
    Fix: Switched to organics

Fuck Up: Told my boss. Not as bad as it sounds- we used to get obliterated on the clock.
    Fix: Moved everything outside and quit growing indoors for a year. Found a new job.

Fuck Up: $12 fluorescent tubes from WalMart on untrained plants. Yielded a few joints!
    Fix: An ass load of 26 watt CFLS. It's more efficient than a couple of larger ones, plus it's easier to put the lights right where you need them. It heated up the room so much, I added some ventilation. Then I added a scrog.

Fuck Up: harvested too early
    Fix: patience

Fuck Up: week survival for seedlings.
    Fix: Learned to recognize damping off.

Almost fucked up: Getting stuck with hydro shops.
    Save: grasscity. When I returned to indoor growing, I was strongly considering an ec and pH meter, nutes, and a DWC. After poking around the organics section, I now make my own soil and "nutes". My last grows were some of the tastiest yet.

5. Still on my first grow but I can tell you one thing- underestimated how much hear cfls generate. I'm constantly fighting to keep the temps at 80-85

6. this is a great thread idea btw, keep them coming.

7. well ya'll have shitty friends ha i known my best friends from knee height and i know i could trust my crop with them. idk i trust my dudes not to talk but some people cant help it...

-i wish i just went and bought a super smanshy fancy light set up, but i have a bunch of CFL's and its working fine. also keeping the heat down just wasnt practical. dont use HID's if someone else is looking at the electric bill...

-drill holes in the bottom of your pots, fo sho

-dont skimp out on seeds. order some

-dont overwater early on

8. - Using Miracle Grow Organic Soils at first due to the low cost
    - Not thinking the important things through thoroughly while over-thinking the more trivial things.

9. Aw common. That's not really an answer at all.

This is my impression of you:
    "MG sucks. Also don't screw it up."

10. What do you make your soil and nutes out of if i may ask ? :smoke:

11. Not getting good genetics from the start.

12. Not checking plants that came in and getting spider mites+aphids.

Not thinking ventilation through while trying to run a 1000w hps/mh and a 6 bulb t5 (Two separate rooms)

Not knowing how to water. Takes time to learn so you don't over water and underwater.

Will post if I can think of anything else.

13. Watering and how much nutes to use are the top two. I had a lot of issues with these two. Also, start with quality to get quality

14. buying cheep products in stead of getting quality was my big mistake

15. Calcium phosphate, EWC, EM solution, and bokashi bran are the things I whip up. To mix up soil, I use peat, perlite, EWC, EM treated rootballs, bokashi sludge, and a handful of organic soil amendments. Amendments are pretty much a one time purchase, as they are packaged in lifetime supply sizes.

16. waited too long too transplant, used MG early on and burnt my babies. just sayin.

17. Oh boy oh boy...

1. Dont try smoking your plant unless it has trichomes on it.
    2. Bush... isn't always a bad thing..Scrog works so good guys!
    3. Yeah and seriusly guys keep your shit on the D/L, make sure you guys are all running through a proxy server posting shit.
    4. FACEBOOK...oh my f**king gawwd, i f'ed up big some how and my username was known by some of my family and they found this website..Dun dun dunnn...change your privacy settings if you have facebook.
    5. Don't over analyze your plants newb cakes <<< im talkn to myself at the same time.
    6. Last but not least, CFL's put out a lot of shitty heat, especially when you build a 12bulb cfl light fixture..when planning a microgrow don't assume your pettily ass 23watter cfl's wont warm up a big space.

18. My pots were way too small also

19. didn't have a ph meter or ec
    didn't use a full line of nutes and thought i could get by on just grow bloom and micro
    over watering/ fertilizing
    didn't add dolimite lime to my soils
    didnt have proper ventilation/ not filter/ u could smell it outside the house:eek:
    veg to long
    didn't train
    poor genetics
    thought i could just spend 500 and that would be enough money

about 2 years and 2-3 grand and now were talking:wave: