Missouri Petition to Get Legalization on 2012 Ballot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by i_was_deadhead, Dec 28, 2011.

1. #1 i_was_deadhead, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
    Howdy Missourians! If you are a registered voter in Missouri you need to sign the petition going around that will get an initiative on the November 2012 ballot to do the following:

• Legalize cannabis (commonly known as marijuana) for individuals 21 years or older
    • Make medical cannabis available to individuals with a physician's recommendation including those under 21 with parental or legal guardian consent and physician supervision
    • Create licensing processes for operation of cannabis establishments
    • release individuals incarcerated or on probation or parole for non-violent, cannabis only offenses which would no longer be illegal and have their records expunged
    • Allow the legislature to enact a tax on the retail sale of dried cannabis up to $100 per pound.

Help the cause! Visit Show-Me Cannabis Regulation - Missourians for Cannabis Policy Reform to read more about it (AND DONATE)! Click here to find a petition site near you! Unfortunately, you can not sign it online, it has to be signed on an official petition document.

As for myself, I live in South St. Louis County and I have petitions for people to sign so let me know so you can sign mine. Also if you are in the greater St. Louis area let me know if you want to get involved because I have names and email addresses of people who you can contact to help the cause by gathering signatures!

LETS GET THIS ON THE BALLOT MISSOURI!

2. Whack curious as to why you haven't posted for several years o.o

3. I first left this forum because I went without the internet for a couple years. Then I forgot my password to my name deadhead and since I no longer had the AOL email associated with that name I couldn't recover it. So I made this name and didn't really recognize anyone from a couple years ago and lost interest. Actually I was going to make a new name but the email I tried to sign up with told me I was registered with this name.

Anyway, Missouri voters, you NEED TO SIGN THIS FOR REAL PETITION!

4. Fellow toker from Fenton missouri used to live in SOCO

5. Yup, I can't wait for this. STL!

6. Honor Roll & Nobot, have you guys signed the petition yet?

7. UPDATE: We still need MORE signatures to get this on the ballot and there is only about three months left to get them!

Also, it is now possible for anyone in Missouri to take a free online training class so you can print out petition forums and gather signatures for this cause! Find out how here.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED THE GO OUT AND SIGN IT! AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED IT, BECOME A VOLUNTEER!

8. Glad you bumped this man. High Ridge area here trying to spread the word.

Have to at least get it to the ballot.

9. I've had all the links in my sig for a while :wave:

10. If we get the signatures it should be very interesting to see how the campaign plays out. Could be quite a boost economically to the state with taxes on mmj and legalization for adults 21 and up creating at least some business opportunities. Not to mention quite possibly a significant boost to tourism... I just can't wait to hear the oppositions argument.

Who knows what it may bring if it passes.

11. Of course :wave:

12. My lady and I signed this a couple days ago. Is there any way to find out how many signatures have been gathered so far?

13. Wish I lived there so I could sign it.

14. I want to sign but the closest business is an hour away :(

15. That's not that far. Make the trip to make a difference. You've got less than a month to do so.

16. Yes, i've made up my mind to take a little road trip sometime after work this week. Every signature counts.

17. I wish I knew how many sigs they had so far! Does anyone know if there's a way to tell this?

18. I've asked petitioners but they didn't know. I guess people not knowing keeps every one working hard to get sigs.

19. For anyone in the KC area, you can sign it at It's A Beautiful Day, which is in Westport on Broadway, or you can sign it at Super-Flea as well. Those are the only places I know of.

20. For people in the 636 area, Mark Kilgore is out on main street every weekend with a big fluorescent green sign collecting sigs. Anyone else that knows of regular collecting spots should post them up. For you really rural guys you can do sig gathering training online now. That would help out anyone else in your area that can't easily access other locations.