Missouri Medical Marijuana Bill HB 277!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mjslover1, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Missouri actually introduced a medical marijuana bill over two years ago. I never knew about it until about a month ago. The bill is similar to California's, in which it wold allow for licensed dispensaries to distribute the pot, state medical card requirements to possess and cultivate, 4 mature plants and 3 immature plants I think is how many you can have. A doctor might be able to override that though. Overall it looks like a good bill that is a step in the right direction. I have emailed Claire McCaskill, Kit Bond and Todd Akin, all giving me generally the same answers and bogus reasoning for keeping it illegal. Follow the link to the Marijuana Policy Project's website and start writing the reps because it is imperative that the politicians know that the people and voters back this bill up and support medical marijuana. :smoke:

http://www.mpp.org/states/missouri/alerts/medical-marijuana-bill-1.html

2. Sorry to say it, but if that bill is over 2 years old its probably stacked under a bunch of other bills in the dusty closet in the basement. Basically that bill is dead...lol Just write your congressmen and tell him/her what you believe mmj would do for missouri and maybe they might introduce a new bill.

3. Actually the bill introduced two years ago was HB 1830. This is a new bill that was introduced this year with minor revisions. I already wrote my congressmen and reps only to get generally the same reasoning as to why they are against it. But of course, each time I reply to their response questioning their views, I never hear back:rolleyes:. But hopefully people who see this and start writing them:smoke: