Missouri Declares Itself a Free State

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1badbruce, May 10, 2013.

1. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/robert-farago/missouri-declares-itself-a-free-state/#more-225901

Missouri Declares Itself a Free State

Posted on May 9, 2013 by Robert Farago
    [​IMG]
    America is no longer split between Democrat and Republican. It's now divided between citizens who believe in big government and those who consider small government the key to personal liberty. Social unity vs. individual rights. Economic dependency vs. financial self-sufficiency. Not to put too fine a point on it, it's a struggle between slavery and freedom. The battle over the natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms has thrown this Great Divide into high relief. We're once again a nation of slave states (e.g., California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island), free states (e.g., Texas, Kansas, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Montana) and states moving one way or the other (e.g., Colorado, New Mexico, Illinois). And now Missouri has declared its status . . .

The Missouri Legislature sent the governor a bill Wednesday that would expand gun rights and declare all federal gun regulations unenforceable, in a response to President Obama's push for gun control legislation.
    Aside from nullification-a movement to which Kansas recently ascribed (much to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's chagrin)-the new bill expands Missourians' existing gun rights.
    In addition to declaring federal gun laws unenforceable, the bill would allow concealed weapons to be carried by designated school personnel in school buildings. It would allow appointed “protection officers” to carry concealed weapons as long as they have a valid permit and register with the state Department of Public Safety. The officers would also be required to complete a training course.
    The bill would also allow people with a firearms permit to openly carry weapons less than 16 inches in length even in localities that prohibit open-carry of firearms . . .
    The legislation passed Wednesday would prevent people from publishing any identifying information on gun owners. A person who publishes such information would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor. It also would prevent doctors or nurses from being required to ask patients about firearm ownership.
    The measure would also lower the minimum age required to obtain a concealed weapons permit from 21 to 19.
    And if that's not enough-and it may well not be, considering the AG's hard-on for Kansas and the Supreme Court's fondness for considering sneezing interstate commerce-the Show-Me State is considering an amendment to their constitution that would make residents' right to keep and bear arms an “inalienable” right.

The tension between the two Americas continues to build . . .

2. So what your saying is some governors of states are fighting against gun control and its working? :0

3. Now I feel awkward to live in Missouri

4. Really? I love living in MO. ;)

5. You should be proud.

6. Missouri is nice, but I just moved here last summer... I'm not exactly committed to the state yet

7. Hopefully more follow

8. Every time I read the title of this thread I hear the words "Dobby is a free elf"

9. From the article:
    We're once again a nation of slave states (e.g., California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island), free states (e.g., Texas, Kansas, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Montana) and states moving one way or the other (e.g., Colorado, New Mexico, Illinois). And now Missouri has declared its status . . .

I don't think this is just about gun control although I do think gun control is the trigger. Some states are creating laws to limit the power & abuse thereof over their citizens by the federal government. It's gotten to the point of being ridiculous of the power grab going on in Washington DC.
    At the rate the fed is moving how long before we lose our Constitution & Bill of Rights altogether?

10. Odd, no popular media is covering this up? :bongin:

11. Odd, no.
    Typical, yes.
    If they ignore it maybe it'll go away, like they were hoping Benghazi would go away.
    MSM is in 'bama's back pocket & basically carry his water.

12. I had a different word in mind ;)

13. Man, I live in a slave state:mad:.

That is great news for the ppl of Missouri. Hoepfully more and more states will choose freedom over slavery.

14. So is weed legal there yet?

15. Nopes

16. Is it a possibility for the near future? If so I'm moving there

17. "Free State"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]