Missouri Amendment 3 - YES!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Storm Crow, Nov 9, 2022.

1. It isn't finalized, but it looks like Missouri WILL have legal cannabis! :weed::yay::GettingStoned::apache::bongin::love-mj::pimp:

In close race, recreational marijuana legalization appears to have won in Missouri
    Missouri Amendment 3 legalizing recreational marijuana sees late lead

As of midnight, Missouri voters appeared to have voted in favor of Amendment 3, which proposes the legalization of recreational, adult-use marijuana and expunges some non-violent marijuana-related offenses.

Just over 53% of Missouri voters were in support of the constitutional amendment, with 3,155 of the total 3,266 precincts reported in the state. In Greene County, 52.5% of voters were in support of Amendment 3, with 77 of 78 total precincts reported, according to the Greene County Clerks' Office.

Once enacted, Amendment 3 will:

• Remove state prohibitions on purchasing, possessing, consuming, using, delivering, manufacturing and selling marijuana for personal use for adults over 21;
    • Require a registration card for personal cultivation with prescribed limits;
    • Allow persons with certain marijuana-related non-violent offenses to petition for release from incarceration or parole and probation and have records cleared;
    • Establish a lottery selection process to award licenses and certificates;
    • Issue equally distributed licenses to each congressional district;
    • Impose a 6% tax on the retail price of marijuana to benefit various programs.
    Since its inception, Amendment 3 has been backed by Legal Missouri 2022, led by campaign manager John Payne.

The News-Leader contacted Payne for a comment about the ongoing race but did not hear back before midnight. (snipped)

One down, 4 to go!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. :hello:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It will never be legal in Indiana and Kentucky. Not as long as Republicans are in power. I wrote to my Senator, Todd Young and he said he would rather "Wait until it is approved on a federal level before supporting that on a state level." Well, he is on a few committees that have federal legalizations bills coming through and he doesn't vote for them. So how are we suppose to pass it federally if he won't pass it in the committee? I wished people would check with the bills that come through the house and senate and the committees. A lot of it is junk. Recognizing this person or that person, in other words, other legislators, for their "work." Not much gets passed, no matter how much good it will do. My daughter said that Benjamin Franklin warned of a two party system. They won't be able to work together because of their differences. And those differences will divide the U.S.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1