Mississippi - Life Sentence For Pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, May 13, 2021.

1. I think we are on the same page with not shedding tears for thieves, burglars and the like. I’m as protective of my impoverished but free of mortgage property as the next. And it drives me nuts to pay the county for the privilege of buying property just to watch them waste it on crimes that aren’t hurting a soul and we have a list of unsolved murders.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have an uncle that received 2 life sentences back in the early 90s for getting it delivered through the mail. The police actually put the confiscated package in his neighbors mail box at first. After a few days his neighbor finally came to check his mail, they realized they had the wrong guy and moved mail boxes. Luckily after over 24 years Obama pardoned him before exiting office.

Now with all these states going legal I can't imagine how pointless his life seems wasting over a quarter of his life in federal prison.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The number of lives ruined over this drug war is crazy, and a bunch of otherwise straight up respectful people. But that pot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They're going backwards. That's what happens when you let religion into politics. Sounds like a recipe for revolution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Genesis 2-29: “And God said, behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, which is the fruit of the tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

I'm not religious but this is what I bring up when confronted with that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. @GroBuddy And did you know that hemp seed is a remarkably healthy food? It has the proper balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 for optimal human health and is a better source of protein than soy.

Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa subsp. sativa) as an Emerging Source for Value-Added Functional Food Ingredients and Nutraceuticals. (Canada/ USA) (full - 2020) Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa subsp. sativa) as an Emerging Source for Value-Added Functional Food Ingredients and Nutraceuticals

Besides that, hemp seed in your diet can help lower cholesterol!
    Hempseed (Cannabis sativa) offers effective alternative over statins in ameliorating hypercholesterolemia associated nephropathy. (India) (abst – 2021) Hempseed (Cannabis sativa) offers effective alternative over statins in ameliorating hypercholesterolemia associated nephropathy - PubMed

And here's a couple of oldies that are worth knowing about.

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD (1). (USA)
    (full - 1992) HEMP SEED: The Most Nutritionally Complete Food Source In The World

And the results of this "ancient" study using hemp seed were amazing! :eek2:

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Importance of hemp seeds in the tuberculosis therapy. (EDEZYME recipe) (Czech Republic) (full - 1955) HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT - Importance of hemp seeds in the tuberculosis therapy

Granny :wave:

• Informative Informative x 1