Mississippi becomes 37th State to Legalize Medical Marijuana!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by marijuana-hub, Mar 24, 2022.

1. [​IMG]
    Mississippi is all set to start its medical marijuana licensing by June.

Indeed, good news for the Mississippi Residents!

It has finally become the 37th state to decriminalize medical marijuana use, and the state’s Health Department is working to develop the Medical Marijuana Program.

This means that by June, they plan to start accepting the online applications for applicants, medical professionals, cultivations of cannabis, and other essentials, said the department in a news release.

Mississippi now serves as the newest example that cannabis legalization can improve the quality of life. This victory of cannabis decriminalization allows almost ten thousand Mississippians with debilitating conditions to be able to access a natural remedy legally and safely that can mitigate the pain.

Toi Hutchinson, the president and CEO of Marijuana Policy Project, further stated, “We are hopeful that this move towards the cannabis legalization policy reform will add the developing momentum.” Read More

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. thanks for sharing. it will help the Mississippi cannabis users.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m very interested to watch this but with no home grow I’m not excited. SC has this same kind of thing going on but it’s too strict.

4. and it is still not legal federally .... how much more pressure can the feds take, do they even Give a Fuck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. As a former resident of mississippi, this was very surprising. I mean we’re talking about the same state that was last to abolish slavery, and you’d be surprised to know the actual year.

It’s the kind of state where paperwork sits on a desk for years before someone even bothers to look at it.

So the fact that they were able to come up with a plan that was accepted and signed into law is impressive and shows hope for all of those that could really benefit from cannabis.

Gonna be some crooked letters in Mississippi for sure now lol. Anyone who was a child and learned how to spell it knows what I’m talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. coming up with the idea to arrest people for ingesting an essential nutrient, an essential lipid was some of the most convoluted shit imaginable ... all for GOV jobs to remain after alcohol was taken out of prohibition and GOV enforcement jobs were on the line ... gotta find something to enforce and unfortunately cannabis was IT

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mississippi's legislature legalized medical marijuana, but it's a fairly strict law. Employers still have veto rights over whether an employee can use it under the guise of a "drug free workplace." The only reason they legalized it is because Mississippi has an initiative process and last year voters overwhelmingly approved a very broad medical marijuana linitiative. The state supreme court struck it down on a technicality. Legislators knew if they didn't pass their own strict version, voters would approve another broad version.

It's better than nothing, but still not what we need. This same legislature has recently banned Delta 8, so I know their hearts aren't in it.

• Informative Informative x 1