Mission Accomplished

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by StonedOpossum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. #1 StonedOpossum, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    I'm pretty pleased about this so I thought I'd share.

About a year ago I was a freshman at college. I weighed about 235 pounds and was completely out of shape. I could barely walk from one end of campus to the other without needing to take a break (about a 15 minute walk).

After I started smoking regularly this past summer I decided it was time to take action. I got a personal trainer and started working out twice a week. My diet hasn't gotten any better, but we're going to stick to one thing at a time.

Anyhow, this is the result.
    [​IMG]

I'm under 200 pounds for the first time in five years! I have so much more energy (used to take a nap every day) and my stamina has increased exponentially. Feels good to be fit!

2. great job mate while you want to loose some i need to gain some foreals lol

3. Awesome work dude keep it up.

Like you said baby steps but you'll be surprised how much of an impact your diet has in weight loss. 35# in about 5 months is pretty good. What's your goal weight and how tall are you?

4. Great job! Keep at it

5. I'm about 6'1. This was my initial goal, but if I could get down to 180 that would be fantastic. Right now I'd like to flatten out my stomach and just generally build muscle.

I'd like to fix my diet, but I'm such a damn picky eater (I HATE vegetables) and the food at my school is shit. I've just been making up for the shitty food by working out (I also bike around campus so that helps). If my diet improved I'm sure I could drop another 20 pounds without much trouble.

6. Lucky bastard I wish I was 6'1 haha 5'8 blows dick

Another 20# should be very doable man, I'm sure you've built muscle already but I'd say go a little more often to the gym if you wanna build more

7. Yeah I've already built up some muscle. My workouts, however, really aren't designed for that. I do a simplified version of CrossFit with basic exercises in circuits. It worked great, but I'd like to start lifting more. Trouble is, I have no idea how.

8. That is great man! However you really ahoorijf yourself in the foot by not paying attention to your diet. You probably could have lost close to twice as much by now.

Diet is about 80% of it...exercise is 20%.

9. Good job man.

Just Google something like "beginner weight lifting" you should find a ton of resources. I was similar to you and finding a simple program with all the lifts and weights laid out helped big time.

I did starting strength, but strong lifts works great too. Really anything focusing on compound lifts will make a huge difference.

Good luck with the next phase of your fitness goals.