Missing 8 year old girl.

Discussion in 'General' started by BellaAddams, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I live in a fairly small community of about 35,000 and last week became a parents worst nightmare when an 8 year old girl, Tori Stafford went missing.

She's been missing for 5 days now and the whole community has been turned upside down by this. her face is plastered in every store window, every lamp post, every post box and all over the tv and internet.

The only lead the police have is a surveilance video from outside the school where she went missing, of Tori being led away by a woman with black pants and a puffy white jacket. There isnt really anything else. We've had police and search and rescue teams from neighbouring counties helping us look, not to mention the public searches, news and radio crews around town, and last night, a candle-lit vigil for her to come home.

A local singer/songwriter also wrote a song for Tori called "Come Home".

Im posting this because there are alot of blades here from s.w ontario and the more eyes open for this little girl, the better chance she'll make it home.

There's also alot of contraversy around this because for some reaon, it didnt meet the "criteria" of an Amber Alert, so one was not issued.

[​IMG]

2. Hopefully she's found.

But I'll be honest, I don't care too much, if a parent is irresponsible enough to let their 8 year old daughter walk around town by herself then they don't deserve to be parents.

I mean for christ sakes, if i had a kid I think I'd be accompanying it places until they are at least 11 or 12.

3. She wasnt walking around town. She lives on the street behind her elementery school, and was walking home from school. This is a small fairly rural community - everybody walks home from school... everybody.

And as you can tell from the outpouring of support from the community, this sort of thing doesn't happen here. In fact, I dont ever remember another child having gone missing from around here, and I've lived here for twenty years.

Plus, it wasnt like she was snatched into a moving van down some alley. Someone clearly knew the girl, or said they did at least, enough to convince her to walk away with them, not drag her away.

And if you plan to be stuck to your kid's hip until they are twelve years old, prepare to pay for some heavy therapy bills buddy.

thanks for nothing

4. it's the "this sort of thing doesn't happen here" attitude that allows it to happen, that's a dangerous attitude for a community to have. I just don't understand how someone can be so sick to hurt a child. I really hope she's okay. Recently in my area a little girl went missing and over a week later they found her in a suitcase, and she also didn't "meet the criteria for an amber alert". Ugh, such bullshit.

5. samething is happening in the bay area. a girl, about 5 y/o, went missing a week ago. it was what everyone was talking about in the bay area.

her body was found in a suitcase under water. they found someone who could of done it. it is a sunday school teacher, but it is not for sure yet. it was her suitcase, but she claims it was stolen.

this story is still on-going and not yet solved. pretty sad. :(
    who would have the heart and humanity to kill a helpless little kid?.. doesnt make sense to me.

6. ^^ that's the girl I was talking about! So sad. :(

7. tiff- the teacher was arrested right?
    its so sad when shit like this happens...sadly it seems like a fairly popular trend these days, dead kids poppin up all over the place. may tori rest in peace and best wishes to the family with coping, that must be so hard.
    hopefully these suckers all get caught and rot in hell for there actions.

8. cuz she wasnt white, i think she was mexican.

think about it, most high-profile "missing-child" cases are usually white kids. i havent seen a story about a missing ethnic or african-american kid in the news in a long time. they'll appear in the news, but maybe only once or twice and wont get the media attention it deserves. but if it was a white girl, its a headline story.

fuck this shit and fuck it hard. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. yeahh, she was arrested and currently in prison. but its not clear she did. i wont make assumptions. hopefully the police wont convict her just to end this case. i need fucking evidence. if they do, then im fucking pissed.

i just want that satanic killer in jail. death penalty? no, i dont want him to be that lucky. let him get raped in jail.

10. #10 Ringo11, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009

If you go to prison as a child molestor/murderer, it doesnt matter whether you get a life sentence or not, unless you go on protective custody, its a death penalty as soon as you walk out on the yard. A very crudely made shank death penalty.

There was a child molestor on PC on my block in jail, so you know dudes are getting fucked up when they write down that they "fear for their life" in the non-violent offenders block.

11. this is too trippy for me to handle

12. Yeah? Well shit like this happens every god damn day around the world.
    I get pissed off about this shit because if a little white girl goes missing, i.e. caylee anthony, nancy grace and the rest of the news stations plaster their face and name all over TV 24 hours a day.
    Yet if a little black girl or boy goes missing, not a god damn thing is said.
    Now I'm white, so if ya think I'm saying this just to be racist, I'm not. I just think it's major bullshit.

Like I said, I hope this girl gets found, but she prolly won't be. This is a fucked up world with fucked up people in it and sometimes we just have to deal with it.

just my .02

13. A fellow person from Woodstock? And what do you mean everyone walks home, that's a damn lie. 80 pct of kids I see under grade 7 get picked up or met at there bus stop by parents or a babysitter. What area of Woodstock?

14. It's always sad when a child goes missing...whether the parents fucked up or not..don't forget it's the child paying for it...show some respect.

I hope shes found I really do. Not saying she doesn't deserve an amber alert but I wish the community around here would make a fuss over missing children.

We're simply told "we'll do what we can". Right or wrong...people only care when its a little white kid from a nice area. AKA not poor child in a poor neighborhood.

Thats just a little rant on our bullshit...not trying to take away from victoria.

People messing with kids shouldn't be dealt with by the book. WHEN the person is caught..he/she should be at the familys mercy for punishment.

15. Its all I hear on the local radio, what a sad thing to happen and in such a small town like Woodstock. Nobody is safe anymore:(

16. It's a sad sad world out there, I hope she is found and is alright:(

17. I've followed this story closely from Toronto -- the Facebook group has some interesting insight too.

This reminds me of the Brandon Crisp story a bit -- kid dissapears into thin air kind of thing. Except, heh, pardon my insensitivity but Brandon was a bit of an idiot.

I was always a bit confused about the timeline here. You said she went missing while walking home from school, and she only lives a block or so away from school? I thought I had read something about her going from a friend's house to another friend's house or something.

FYI for American/non-local readers, there's actually video of this particular girl on the afternoon she went missing walk (hand in hand, I think) with an older woman (who police say is probably 19-26 or so) and looking quite happy. It's odd because she went missing from a small town and NO ONE can (or will) identify the woman.

I find these kinds of stories morbidly fascinating. Hopefully everything turns out for her and her family, though.

18. All of that sounds better than being raped...so excuse me.

19. :confused:????

anyways,just like in any species,there's flaws,alot of people are normal,but then you get the small percentage of people with psychological problems,

there's very sick people out there,that get joy in raping an killing little children,but its just the way things are,

it is very unfortunate for a little girl who is completely helpless to be killed,an i wonder why everyday,even know i already know why.

but the fact is 100s of children die everyday around the world,the media just focus's on the ones that will get the most publicity,

it really is a fucked up world we live in,that's why im gonna start a village one day in the mountains away from it all.

20. How did I know that she was going to be a cute little white girl? And not a (any combo of these) obese, disfigured, or of a minority background. Fuck the media. There are kids missing all over the US...