Misleading Protein Bars

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Runningw235, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I was at my grocery store looking through the protein bars for a healthy one, reading the labels and whatnot.

What annoys me is that most of them are total crap.

If I wanted some candy bar bullshit, that's what Id buy. A lot of these are just fortified candy bars.

The ones Ive noticed that are pretty decent are quest bars and pure protein. Pretty much everything else sucks that Ive read the nutrition label on.

For example, these are delicious, but they are a bunch of bullshit.

[​IMG]

Beware of horseshit like this.

And of course, primarily rely on real food for protein.

2. I feel you man, which is why I tend to avoid protein bars. They are expensive too!

3. Yeah better to just get your protein from real food or powder.

4. whey allll dheyyyy

5. This. The bars are for when you don't have time to get a high protein meal in or a shake.

6. your body dosent even need all that protein, even if you are an extreme athlete. eat nutritious whole foods, get the reccomended amounts of protein, grains, veggies, and fruits, follow a 2000 calorie diet, profit. Try eating grass fed beef as well, the CLA helps build muscle. Grain fed beef has no CLA and alot turns to fats in your body.

ChooseMyPlate.gov

^for reccomended amounts.

Eat Well Guide :: Local, Sustainable, Organic Food

^to find locally sustainable whole foods as well as grass fed meats.

7. You do need all that protein if you're trying to grow n build muscle. At least a gram per body weight pound.

8. disagreed completely, it just helps you bulk up faster in the short run. all natural is the way to go if you actually wanna be healthy while getting bigger. To each his own though.