Misinformation. Don't click.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by justsomejohn, Aug 21, 2017.

1. #21 justsomejohn, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

2. If everything is equal and you aren't going cheap I feel genetics are by far the most important aspect of a good grow. He grow medium can be anywhere from hydro, peat moss, to soil and all will grow great bud. A good flush and cure does wonders. People grow under led's , hps, and CFL's. It's the genetics that dinstinquish the buds once you get growing cannabis down. Can a bagseed be good, of course! Will it be prone to hermie or have a low thc content? That can't possibly be known if you don't know the genetics. Will it give you nice purple buds or be full of nanners? Again that's genetics. You don't bring a dachshund to race grey hounds. It can still run the course but won't finish with the best of them.

3. I hate to see all of these people ask for opinions and advice from someone who clearly doesn't know much of what he is talking about..

I'm not trying to be an ass, but be warned new users that the OP is not a grest source of information..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. #24 Bravedave, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Was just letting it slide because I was finding it a bit funny and hoped @jman42028 would recognize the kind of doubles partner he is awarding medallions to. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have to disagree with this thread. Gentics play a huge role in the finished product.

I have been growing for about 10 years now. Last 3 years have been the most serious and i went all orgainc last year.

Gentics are the number one thing im looking for now. Nurtients, lights and enviorment will only take the plant so far, but when thats all said and done its the plant in the end that needs to have the gentics to produce good bud.

There is a reason growers will hang onto a mother or clone from clone, its becuz they found that one winner plant. Professional growers will go through 100s of seeds to find that one plant that has suprior gentics and they will keep and perfect it for a long time.

You gotta think, within each strain there can be tons of different phenos, Within each pheno there is different qualitys.
    One pheno might have huge yeilds but no thc potency, one might have small yeilds but is a one hit wonder. You can grow a purple strain and only 1 plant is actually purple.

Finding that perfect pheno you are looking for is the key, the key to great buds, not soil...or lights...or environment. Gentics i would argue are the number 1 spot to your finished product.

6. @Devo86, I think, already established that correct conclusion...but yes

7. #27 justsomejohn, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

8. Bad Thread. Avoid.

9. what the hell are you talking about?

• Winner Winner x 1