Miserable failed first attempt help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by moshi1ry, Jun 22, 2011.

1. So my first plant was lost do to a storm and i wasnt able to get to it. Now my second plant was just a UFO seed and seemed to be doing well it had sprouted up and was a few inches tall. Last night there was a big storm so i rescued it and put it inside. This morning when i went to put it out the soil felt very dry so i watered the plant untill it leaked from the drainage holes. Up untill this point the leaves had been very green and looked healthy. I set the plant outside and today after work i went to check on it and the plant was completely dead (killed over on the soil brown and yellow leaves).

So my question now is what caused my plant to die? I had it in a solo cup with fox farm soil and made sure it was watered when needed and kept in direct sunlight. My theory is that my plant died just because this has been the hottest week this summer with temps in the low 100s! So what should i have done differently? Thanks in advance

2. Starting them indoors is alot safer. You don't have to worry about storms, animals, bugs, heat , etc.. I grew 6 plants indoors for the first few weeks until they had 5-6 nodes. All you need is one good CFL (Felix 125W is what I used), and then once they're strong enough, transplant them outside. All of my plants survived and are now around 2 feet tall.

3. Ya thats what i think ill do for my next grow attempt. Even when there taller though they should survive in that kind of heat? I would hate to lose a 2ft tall plant too. I know optimal temps for indoor grow are 70-80 but does this rule not apply for outdoor growing also?

4. I don't know yet. I'm in New England, so the 90-100 days don't come for another month. Lack of Sunlight is more of a problem right now cause we've been getting lots of rain lately.